Re: I cannot download Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, it's not in my game libra

by caitylarn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I cannot download Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, it's not in my game library

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the base game installed on my machine, but I did not install it through Origin nor can I redeem it there. It is a legit copy of the game, only it is shared between myself and my brother (who has a different Origin account to me) so I can't redeem it in my Origin. But I bought the expansion pack just now, other items from the same purchase have appeared in my library but this expansion has not. And when I go to download it I am taken to the library where, obviously, it is missing. Can someone help me actually GET my purchased content please???

What I basically want to know is can I access my purchase now or do I have to buy my own version of the base game even though I already have it? And I don't want to reinstall my base game as I have over 40 hours of gameplay on there that I don't want to lose. Thankfully there's a sale on Origin right now but I want to keep my current game progress (and I'm not sure how to do that if I have to buy the ruddy base game AGAIN)

Message 1 of 7 (744 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I cannot download Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, it's not in my game libra

Community Manager

@caitylarn Yeah make a backup of the saves just in case. They should just work, but it's always worth being careful. 

As for the purchasing/refund woes, you might want to reach out to support. They can look at the refund you want to put through, and perhaps they can cancel the DAI refund. It may be too late for that refund, but if they can help they will. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (793 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@caitylarn Yes, you need a copy of the base DAO game on the same account in order to use Awakening. 

If you do grab a copy it's worth noting that you should be able to use the save files from before, the save files are stored locally at My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\CharactersBioWare\Dragon Age\Characters

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (724 Views)

★★ Novice

So they will be preserved then? Or should I make a backup of that folder just to be safe if I do need to reinstall? (Though I have received some help over email from EA that suggests I may just need to refund the DLC and buy it again through the base game account)

Message 3 of 7 (721 Views)

★★ Novice

And now I have another problem as EA has refunded me the wrong game from the order I made! I wanted to hang on to my copy of Dragon Age: Inquisition, my issues lay with Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening instead! This is getting very frustrating as I would just like to be refunded the £3.99 I paid for Awakening, get my copy of Inquisition back (to the account it has been removed from please!) and buy Awakening AGAIN through the other account. I have emailed back but I am becoming increasingly annoyed at this whole debacle... I've never really bought games direct from Origin before and I must say I am utterly infuriated and inclined not to do so again after all of this!

Message 4 of 7 (719 Views)

Community Manager

@caitylarn Yeah make a backup of the saves just in case. They should just work, but it's always worth being careful. 

As for the purchasing/refund woes, you might want to reach out to support. They can look at the refund you want to put through, and perhaps they can cancel the DAI refund. It may be too late for that refund, but if they can help they will. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 7 (794 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your help! I ended up phoning customer services and managed to get the relevant refund. I have since bought back the game that was deleted (luckily this one did not yet have any saved progress!) and have bought and am currently downloading the expansion that caused all this fuss through the other account. Luckily I never had to purchase a second copy of the base game and reinstall, so my saves were safe, but I will file that information as to how to get to the files for future reference (such as changing to a different laptop one day).

Thanks again, I can happily say this whole debacle is over - I am very relieved, though I am not too keen to brave Origin purchasing again... I'm sure I'll recover though.

Message 6 of 7 (709 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update, thanks for letting us know that you got sorted out in the end. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 7 (702 Views)