Re: How to delete DA:O character from XBOX ONE - SOLUTION!

by Octarin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to delete DA:O character from XBOX ONE - SOLUTION!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

After some search I found out that you can delete DA:O characters and saves by PUSHING BOTH MIDDLE BUTTONS TOGETHER which will bring up the 360 storage menu. Hope this helps some people.

Message 1 of 19 (48,275 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, sure thing, I was confused by it at first too, but here is: if you look at your controller, there's two little buttons on the left and right side of the main home huge on/off button, two small glistening black ones, the left with two little overlapping boxes on it, the right one with three horizontal lines (usually the game menu/options/inventory buttons). If you press those two together, then the 360 xbox storage option pops up. I presume it pops up provided you have an xbox 360 game playing, I don't know if it still does if you have only xbox one games playing, but if there's a backwards compatible game that needs to store saves etc, that's the way to access the 360 storage. The way you describe is for accessing the storage for your xbox one games, and deleting the caches.

View in thread

Message 3 of 19 (50,827 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Octarin Hi, thanks for the post. I haven't played DAO using the Xbox One Backwards Compatibility, but hopefully your post will be helpful for someone managing their data.

Can you clarify what you mean by "both" middle buttons? I'm of the impression that you can hold the Xbox/home button in the middle of the pad, and from there you'll be able to choose Settings > All Settings > System > Storage to get to the appropriate section. Perhaps this is an alternative option or I have misunderstood and you're referring to a different menu. 

Cheers. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 19 (48,188 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, sure thing, I was confused by it at first too, but here is: if you look at your controller, there's two little buttons on the left and right side of the main home huge on/off button, two small glistening black ones, the left with two little overlapping boxes on it, the right one with three horizontal lines (usually the game menu/options/inventory buttons). If you press those two together, then the 360 xbox storage option pops up. I presume it pops up provided you have an xbox 360 game playing, I don't know if it still does if you have only xbox one games playing, but if there's a backwards compatible game that needs to store saves etc, that's the way to access the 360 storage. The way you describe is for accessing the storage for your xbox one games, and deleting the caches.

Message 3 of 19 (50,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much
Message 4 of 19 (47,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much I love this game and was out of space.
Message 5 of 19 (46,677 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for coming back to us with an answer @Octarin Standard smile

I will mark your post as the accepted solution.

/Ataashi

Message 6 of 19 (46,665 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Always glad to be of service! Standard smile

Message 7 of 19 (46,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Perhaps I am simply doing it wrong, but I have attempted this and it just brings up the files of DLC and the games itself but no option to delete individual files. I am not entirely sure if it’s me or if this changed? But I can’t access that, it just shows me Xbox one storage and gives the option to delete all files rather than individually.
Message 8 of 19 (46,429 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know if you're still looking for an answer, but I had the same problem. As it turns out, you need to launch the game, select the character you want to delete, and press the buttons at the same time. It will bring up a menu, and one of the options will say something along the lines of "manage storage", and it will bring you to the old xbox 360 menu that lets you delete save files. 

Message 9 of 19 (44,533 Views)

★ Novice

Press start and select on the control hope that helps 

Message 10 of 19 (43,509 Views)