Re: Help! Can't login for DA:O on Steam version

by EA_Ataashi

Original Post

Help! Can't login for DA:O on Steam version

★★★ Newbie

I finally got around to getting a new PC and since the bulk of my games are through Steam, I naturally hit them up for my games again.  I wanted to play through DA:I, but wanted to play through both previous games before getting it and beating it.  Imagine my surprise when I found that I couldn't log into my Bioware account (in game login screen portion of DA:O).  While at EA's site for Dragon Age, I can log in and it "sees" all my efforts (achievements, characters, ect) but when in game, I have no access to my purchased DLC!  Every time I go to log in, it just sits there and doesn't do anything.  Oh, I can make a new character and go on, but unless I can get access to everything again, I'm kinda stuck till then!

Message 1 of 4 (522 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Diatribe1974

So just to confirm - you can launch the game on Steam but you cannot see any of the DLCs, is that correct?

Also, could you tell me if you've purchased the Ultimate Edition or you've bought all the extra content separately?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (506 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I bought the game when it originally launch and bought pretty much all the DLC after it came out, the expansion for it and even DA2 after all that. Originally, I could log in to my Bioware account and then re-download all my DLC (as I'd done in past with previous system wipes) and all was good in the universe. Bu t it's been over 5 years since the last time I had a working pc and now that I go in to login to my Bioware account (from main menu in game) it does nothing, just sits there wanting me to enter log in name and password. I know it's not only correct info because if my info was wrong, it actually tells me that either the login name and or password is incorrect. Also, on the Dragon Age Keep site, it clearly shows me all my achievements and characters, ECT, so the login name/password works, there's just some disconnect from game to servers somewhere
Message 3 of 4 (507 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I see that you had a long break from DAO then @Diatribe1974 Wink

Okay... Could you try to download (or re-download) the missing DLCs from here? The old BioWare website got closed down some time ago, but download files for the DLCs are now accessible via EA Help. If you have required entitlements on your Origin or Steam account, you should be able to access the extra content after installing the appropriate files.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (500 Views)