Re: Game will not Launch

by B-Ski40

Original Post

Game will not Launch

★★★ Newbie

Looking for some assistance. I can not get the game to launch. I am not getting any error messages. I have done all the LAA DA steps and un-done them. I have set the .exe files to run in Win7 with admin rights. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. yes, my PC meets the minimum requirements. The farthest it goes is the splash screen before the game starts (after I click play). The game did work on this PC prior to Win10. Thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (719 Views)

Hero

Windows 10 shouldn't be the issue, because that's what I play the game on.

Check if there are perhaps other programs running that interfere with the game launching (e.g. virus software or Razer software). The best way to do that is by eliminating all inessential software by clean booting your PC: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Are you trying to launch the game through a client (e.g. Origin, Steam) or straight from the exe?

A dxdiag file might provide more insight: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried both (Steam and exe). I will try your suggestions and see what happens. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Long story short. It turns out I had conflicting files somewhere. When I upgraded to Win10, I kept my files from Win7. I tried everything I could find online that was a fix, nothing worked. I decided to try a clean install of Win10, rather than digging through the registry and hoping I could find/edit the correct files.  After I had the clean OS and all the basic things reinstalled, I launched the game from steam, let the game and/or stream grab the older files needed to run the game (c++ ect). Now everything works again.

Note: I did have to reconfigure the in game settings from the game launch menu to fit my screen resolution and graphics settings.

Hopefully this will help someone in a similar situation.

Message 4 of 4 (668 Views)