Re: Game Crashes in the Circle Tower

by Green_Reaver82

Original Post

Game Crashes in the Circle Tower

★ Novice

When we returning to the Circle Tower after meeting and talking with the guy in the closet we see two blood mages and the demon or something. After killing them game crashes with this problem signature:

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Problem Signature 01: daorigins.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.5.13263.0
Problem Signature 03: 52164c37
Problem Signature 04: daorigins.exe
Problem Signature 05: 1.5.13263.0
Problem Signature 06: 52164c37
Problem Signature 07: c0000005
Problem Signature 08: 0041b354
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1049
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I had LAA addon that increases the used RAM from the standard 2 GB to more. I changed my daorigin.exe file only. Here you can check it. I started to play with this addon a long time ago, but this has not happened before. Maybe it's not because of him? Anyway I checked file integrity of this game in Origin but still after this the game keeping crashing. How I can fix this up?

Message 1 of 5 (589 Views)

Hero

Some enemies explode on death, which causes the game to crash.

The workaround is to set CPU affinity to 1 core. Here's a guide.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Oh, that's why this game is so laggy sometimes. Thanks for the reply! I will check it right away.

By the way, what do you mean with "workaround"? Should I make daorigins.exe process to use only 1 CPU?

Message 3 of 5 (559 Views)

Hero

Yes. You may have to do that every time you launch the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (544 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not sure if you figure out any fix but, lowing the graphics settings in certain areas seems to keep the game running. At least in my experience so far with my new Christmas preset. I got a new laptop with a good/decent video card and couldn't play for a couple of weeks until I made some changes. I ended up having to remove the video drivers and re-downloading them from the internet. The game crashed for me when I entered The Deep Roads. After lowering my settings the game ran just fine... I could increase the settings to medium or high for a little while but, would need to save and restart more frequently. Hope this helps. 

My gear includes:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Windows 10 (compatibility changed to Windows 8)

I normally need to change affinity to a single CPU or else the graphics get a bit weird. Not sure how to explain.

Keep graphics down to low or medium for most of it and change it from time to time.

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 5 (469 Views)