EA account and Bioware account do not seem to match

by arakonn2000

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA account and Bioware account do not seem to match

★★★ Newbie

Hello all,

I just wanted to play Dragon Age again, and I have a problem to get the game up and running.

When I log into social.bioware.com, I can see my characters, my Dragon Age DLCs, etc. All is there as I left it some years ago. But when I install the game, and try to log into the EA account with the same(!) login data (same email address, same password), I get the following error:

"We could not activate Dragon Age: Origins on this computer using the EA account you provided..."

So it seems, EA does not realize that my Bioware account contains all the correct license details. As far as I could see, due to the merge some time ago all has been transformed into an Origin account.

Am I doing something wrong here? How do I get the EA account and the Bioware account linked to each other?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Message 1 of 3 (980 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA account and Bioware account do not seem to match

★★★★★ Expert

Arakonn, you should have visited the EA Help pages long ago.  Only a Game Adviser can deal with account problems, not us, in here.  When you get there, and enter the three required answers, you'll get the choice of eMail (very slow response time) or a telephone contact number.  Stateside, and in a few other markets, you also get the option for "Live Chat".  That has proven to be the more productive way to reach the Game Advisers who seem to know something. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (957 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi dude,

Did you get it sorted somehow? I'm having the same problem, EA help chat seems to be useless and email contact nowhere to be found.

Gotta love EA.

Message 2 of 3 (951 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Arakonn, you should have visited the EA Help pages long ago.  Only a Game Adviser can deal with account problems, not us, in here.  When you get there, and enter the three required answers, you'll get the choice of eMail (very slow response time) or a telephone contact number.  Stateside, and in a few other markets, you also get the option for "Live Chat".  That has proven to be the more productive way to reach the Game Advisers who seem to know something. 

Message 3 of 3 (958 Views)