Re: Dwarf Noble - Can't talk to gorim in prison??

by Chaozboy666

Original Post

★★ Novice

So I was able to get this to work on windows 10. But it was kind of random. I checked vsync, it was already enabled. So I disabled it, reloaded the encounter with the king, then the same bug happened. In my frustration, i zoomed out the camera and clicked wildly on gorim while my character was in the corner of the cell and it started the conversation. GL to anyone else trying this!

Message 11 of 24 (4,839 Views)

★ Novice

I got this to work in Win 10 as well.  Didn't have anything to do with V-Sync.  I reloaded to before I was framed, went through the dialog, ended up in prison, leveled up my character,  then DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING.  Let Gorim COME TO YOU....   Patience wins out....

Message 12 of 24 (4,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, too time later but... i just play now xd.

For me, force to 60fps dodge the bug.

AMD = chill 60 fps.

Message 13 of 24 (4,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is 2 years after the thread but i got it! It seems the problem happens when you run the game over 60fps with vsync off. I had it running at 240fps 240hz and the bug happened. Once i used my second monitor with at 60hz and vsync on the bug did not happen. 

Use 60hz monitor with vsync on! Leaving this for any future person who has the same issue. I hope this helps someone someday. Good luck friends. 

Message 14 of 24 (3,987 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SolidLiquidSnake I love you thank you for posting this one day before i ran into this and being so helpful. I literally pluged in my tv loaded save and unpluged it once he got close to me.
Message 15 of 24 (3,963 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I changed my resolution, and that is what worked for me. No clue why.

Message 16 of 24 (3,923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The trick is to get your frames at 60 or below. The event of him walking to the cell door is tied to the frame rate, so if you're above 60, he stops short. Typically V-sync will lock to 60, but it might not. You can set the framerate cap to 60 in the nvidia control panel. not sure how to do this for AMD

Message 17 of 24 (3,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found the solution! Use the console command: runscript rubberband

Message 18 of 24 (3,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bump 2020 same issue, was on virt sync and encountered it, turned it off and on right before, still the same.

Message 19 of 24 (3,415 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Guys, this worked for me: Steam ultimate Edition Windows 10:

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Console_(Origins)

Enable console first and then use this command:

runscript zz_talk_nearest

copy and paste doesnt work, so you will have to type it, also check if console is enabled by pressing C for Character before, if the Charpage doesnt open the console is running!

Message 20 of 24 (3,157 Views)