Re: Dragon age origins ultimate edition CRASHING PLEASE HELP MEEE

by ARRomell

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AriKam;  It is categorically impossible to have DAO installed and not be able to find "daorigins.exe".  That is the base game executable.  You may have suppressed the display of ".exe" files, but it is definitely on your machine or you haven't actually installed the game at all.  (NOTE:  The actual file name is not the one you cite.)

Default location:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\bin_ship"

Message 21 of 45 (19,372 Views)

★ Novice

It should be on the disc where you installed your game then in the file called ''Dragon Age'' and there in the file called ''bin_ship''. The .exe file is called ''daorigins''. If you bought the game on Origin, try to find it in your game library, right-click it and choose repair. It might help restore your .exe file if it's not there where I just described.

Hope this will help. Standard smile

Message 22 of 45 (19,357 Views)

★★ Novice
Sorry - no disk. I did have it from STEAM who referred me to EA help - after 3 calls, I uninstalled and reinstalled... but lost all my previous gameplay - should be back in denerim soon to see if I'm OK.
Message 23 of 45 (19,331 Views)

★★ Novice

That's what I figured, but.. gotta love Windows 10, I can't find much of anything anymore.. see below... 

Message 24 of 45 (19,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@AriKam;  Ummm... Not sure how you could have "lost all your previous gameplay".  Your saves wouldn't have been touched by an un-/re-install.

Now, they may not be in the location your reinstalled game expects to find them, but they can be copied there.  Search your drive for ".das" files.

EDIT:  @Legrandix meant only that if you had the retail boxed version, a copy of the executable would be on the disk. For a Steam install, it would be in the Dragon Age "\bin_ship" folder under your "\Steam Apps\Common\" somewhere. For an EA/Origin install, see my post above.  But in any case, if the game starts, you have that file.  Angel

Message 25 of 45 (19,321 Views)

★★★ Novice
This fixed it for me. Cheers mate
Message 26 of 45 (19,093 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Willowy Warbler, thank you for posting the 4GB Patch. I have been having this crashing issue for the past few months and it started all of a sudden. Well, this fixed it and thank you! Standard smile It took me a couple min to get what I was supposed to do, but my brain finally woke up and no more crashing after 30 -60 min of playing. Standard smile

Message 27 of 45 (18,984 Views)

★★ Novice

So I downloaded the patch and used it on the executable, but now my game won't start. It keeps throwing up an Error Code 51 and steam says i'm playing

Message 28 of 45 (18,978 Views)

★★★★ Novice

TheDragonsFury,

Is your video driver updated? I did a little research on what an error code 51 was for steam and on some posts updating the video driver helped. If it isn't the video driver here is a site that lists some things to try: How To Fix Steam Error 51.  At least this is a few things you can try to see if it helps. Good luck.

Message 29 of 45 (18,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Found a link to a steam guide and file that fixed the issue for me. Here's the link

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233222451

Message 30 of 45 (18,926 Views)