Re: Dragon age origins servers?

by ThyLordAngel

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Servers Still Down

★★★★ Novice

The servers have been down since the summer?! I would love to play the game again but it’s continuously frustrating me that I haven’t been able to download any of the DLC on my PS3 for two months. I can’t even imagine what you guys are feeling at this point.

Unbelievable that EA continues to sh*t on their customers, game after game...

Message 131 of 224 (851 Views)

★★★★ Novice

And btw. I’m not a new player but I had the game on an old console. I decided to purchase it again on my other PS3 after years because I wanted to do a rerun of all the games. I literally just paid money for something that is unavailable to me because the server issue won’t let me download any DLC. Thanks a lot.

Message 132 of 224 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

although i can't relate to not being able to download any of the extra content since i did fairly quickly after buying the disc, i am sorry that you are experiencing that on top of the server failure. it's been extremely rough; we're still able to play the game and we could edit on the Dragon Age Keep (my account is working fairly fine and none of my characters were deleted. not sure if it's the same for everyone else though.), but we won't be able to smoothly import all of the data in the second game like we can the third. 

this is extremely strange, but i wanted to point this out since this literally just happened: 

normally, when the servers are down, we aren't notified of any of our achievements when we log into the keep and edit the playthrough states, correct?

well, i opened up the tapestries, and lo and behold... i have two notifications of achievements i earned yesterday. yesterday. 

apparently, my character's data and storyline can't be transferred, but you managed to track down the achievements when i'm technically playing offline?

could someone explain? like, please?

there was a minor server shut down that i was around here for and none of my achievements slipped through until the servers were fixed and back up and running...

Message 133 of 224 (852 Views)

★★★ Guide

Getting blown off, again!

Message 134 of 224 (1,229 Views)

★★ Guide
Maybe EA couldn’t afford new servers for their shiny new MMO and had to recycle and repurpose DA: Origins’ servers. Wouldn’t be surprised. And, by the by, Anthem is awesome...🤩
Message 135 of 224 (1,149 Views)

Dragon age origins servers?

★★ Novice

Play on Xbox one, wanted to get the free items from my career in the keep but don't know how to now because the "Dragon age servers are temporarily unavailable" any way to still get the items like the edge or the other ones that can be unlocked through the keep?

Message 136 of 224 (799 Views)

Re: Dragon age origins servers?

★ Guide
Same issue! i hope this is answered soon!
Message 137 of 224 (783 Views)

Re: Will the Dragon Age Origins servers ever be fixed?

★★★ Novice

Best solution: ditch Origins, buy DAO: Ultimate on GOG. You will no longer have to deal with an unsupported game and its on sale for 4.99. Also, no useless client (because I need another gaming platform like I need a hole in my head) or unnecessary DRM for a 10 year old game.

Message 138 of 224 (725 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

it's been two weeks since this topic/post has been commented and that's going to change. 

branching towards anthem, there have both been written and video reviews stating that their score is lower than ME:A. (Mass Effect: A scored within the 70s. Anthem has scored 60.)

now, i have not played anthem personally cause i'm too scared to spend my money on a game that never interested me and appears to be doing a mediocre job. 

but, there is a reviewer on youtube who posted a video with a title that genuinely raised my interest and concern.

("EA Massive Firings, Anthem Review BOMBED Worse than Mass Effect: Andromeda"). you can watch the video and form an opinion of your own, but this is what i gathered. 

like i mentioned a few weeks back, the producers are expecting a huge payout for this product? 

well, they are expecting to sell at least six million copies of this game by the near end of march. this game was literally released four days ago and their expectation is set so high already when the reviews that are posted, to which I am sure that people read them before purchasing, are lower than desired?

i'm sorry ea/bioware, but there are already articles that state that the release dates were screwed up/the early access you provided some might have left a sour taste for some of the beta-players, and that some believe that your expectations are a bit ambitious compared to other games that have been released as of late. 

now, giving context to the main point i wish to bring up...

what do you think this will mean for dragon age four? 

some of my friends that personally play the series said that inquisition was a close call for them; some were disappointed with the ending, but somewhat relieved with trespasser. others were confused with the lack of "focus," but were attentive because they wanted a clear answer to what was going on. their forever favorites are origins and a love/hate relationship in the second one. 

two of them officially stated after hearing all of what has been going down and for personal reasons with what happened to mass effect andromeda and inquisition that they are boycotting bioware/ea games from now on. they clearly are pissed off with what i have told them about the dragon age origins situation, but they can't do anything for one reason.

Because you guys could give less than two * about your consumers. 

you believe that the consumers are in the wrong, that the reviewers are wrong too, and that we should shut our mouths and waste our money on products that appear and feel "half-hearted".

look, i still genuinely harbor love for the mass effect series (hell, i was alright with andromeda. a few wonky things, but i managed to find some fun out of the game) and the dragon age series (inquisition was alright by me, especially because of my romance options. love cullen and dorian.), but instead of immediately ordering the games that are released and playing the hell out of them, i'm just going to sit by and watch the reviews and videos roll out. 

then i'll decide whether or not i should spend my money on the things you make. 

i'll stand by and watch to see whether or not bioware/ea decides to close this topic off. 

then we'll finally know how they feel about dragon age/mass effect/etc. and that they could care less about the issues that they are too lazy to fix. 

yes, i did branch off from dragon age origins at the beginning of this statement, but i'm bringing it full circle by what is also mentioned above.

the games you create will affect those that are made in future, especially dragon age four, and many of those that wish to remain with the past games are going to be at a loss because they, once again, won't be able to transfer their newfound characters into the other two games. and, hypothetically, they won't ever play the dragon age series and waste their money for a company that wants to wipe everyone out clean by creating products that could have been created in their glory days rather than a hollow shadow. 

thank you. 

Message 139 of 224 (951 Views)

★★★ Guide

@hgfrffddsdf 

You're my fracking hero.

Message 140 of 224 (939 Views)