Re: Dragon age origins & DA2 Remastered

by Limpy4121

Original Post

Dragon age origins & DA2 Remastered

★★★ Novice

Since the Dragon Age series is one of your biggest (and best) and with DA4 on the horizon I am at a loss as to why DAO & DA2 have not yet been remastered for PS4 & Xbox. I mean come on what better time for them to be available on the latest consoles than just before a new game so us die hard fans can play the series over again (for about the millionth time) from start of DAO to end of DA4 without switching back and forth over consoles

Message 1 of 24 (13,428 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Dragon8TheKids I am not aware of any plans for a remaster of either game but will pass your feedback on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 24 (13,298 Views)

Hero

@Dragon8TheKids wrote:

I am at a loss as to why DAO & DA2 have not yet been remastered for PS4 & Xbox.

EA just doesn't really do a lot of remastering. I think Burnout Paradise is the only one.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 24 (13,259 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just remaster this game already. Everyone would pay $69.99 for this game, again. I would buy a fricken $150 collector's edition. Still the best in the series and the best game your company has ever made. Even Kingdoms of Amular got a remaster. How can DA:O not have one? 

Message 4 of 24 (12,840 Views)

Hero

@LoserGirl666 wrote:

Even Kingdoms of Amular got a remaster. How can DA:O not have one? 

I don't really see how those are related. Lots of games from different studios have remasters, including Kingdoms of Amalur, but it just doesn't seem to be a focus for EA at the moment (though a Mass Effect remaster is rumored).

Message 5 of 24 (12,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thq nordic bought the ip for kingdoms of amalur so EA no longer owns it and Thq nordic could remaster without EA 

Message 6 of 24 (12,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I own DA:O Ultimate Edition and DA2. I want a remastered version so bad, and with a year-long wait for DA4 still, I'd say we should get one. I mean, NaughtyDog gave us the Uncharted Collection when Uncharted 4 hit the PS4. Give us the remastered version for PC, PS4/PS5. and Xbox One/X/S to pass the time until 2022.

Plus, it would be nice to have a version of DA:O that allowed us to update the Tapestry properly.

Message 7 of 24 (10,445 Views)

Hero

Now that Mass Effect is getting a remaster, a Dragon Age remaster seems more likely. Besides the possibility of visual enhancements, there are also some technical issues in DAO that I wish they could fix, like the memory leak or the frequent crashes on modern CPUs. Console versions could also enjoy the DX11 enhancements in DA2 that the PC version got.

Message 8 of 24 (10,400 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All bugs and aesthetics fixed would be nice. They could call the collection Dragon Age Legends. So many games simply say "Remastered" under the original game title, it gets boring, but "Dragon Age Legends" makes more sense for remastered Dragon Age Games. I know it's been used, but it makes sense anyway.

Message 9 of 24 (10,354 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I agree 100000%. I would spend so much money just to have it remastered.

Message 10 of 24 (9,597 Views)