Re: Dragon Age installed to a external hard drive, not working.

by EA_Stephen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age installed to a external hard drive, not working.

★★ Novice

When I start up the game, it complains that I need to install physx. Last time I played the game I had it installed to my main, internal, hard drive and it worked fine, but I'd rather not install it there now.

Message 1 of 5 (724 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I managed to fix the problem by uninstalling physx, then running another game to install the physx for me. I'm not sure why installing it manually did not work, but whatever.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (742 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Try uninstalling then reinstalling Physx, as suggested in this thread, which worked for some players:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/When-I-click-play-then-Nothing-happens/m-p/1101976#M2122

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 2 of 5 (718 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, the error is still there.

Message 3 of 5 (713 Views)

★★ Novice

I managed to fix the problem by uninstalling physx, then running another game to install the physx for me. I'm not sure why installing it manually did not work, but whatever.

Message 4 of 5 (743 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved the problem. I've no idea why the manual uninstall and reinstall didn't work and why you had to reload via another game, but the main thing is that is now working for you. Enjoy the game! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Make sure that you are automatically notified by email when your question gets a reply by clicking the 'Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of the 'New Question' page.
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer a question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
Message 5 of 5 (687 Views)