Dragon Age Ultimate Edition/Awakenings Crashing 24/7

by buttkissing

Original Post

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition/Awakenings Crashing 24/7

★★★ Newbie

I'm at a loss right now because this game worked fine when I first got it (which was probably roughly a month ago off Amazon) and now it unfortunately crashes whenever and wherever it gets an opportunity. I'm begging someone to help me because I had downloaded some mods that gave my female character pink hair and golden eyes & noticed "Not Responding" and "APPCRASH" happening whenever she'd interact with anyone, ever (right clicking or trying to move the party into Lothering or really anywhere)

All of my characters are now stuck with this "glitch" and I can't create a new one either. When selecting "New Game" I get the normal beginning cutscene with Duncan which plays fine but when I get to the actual char creation screen, I can pick gender>race>class but upon clicking the "next" button I get the same crash where the game turns white and says that it's not responding.

Game works just fine so long as I don't interact with anyone or move anywhere! Changed all my specs such as windowed/fullscreen, texture, aliasing, you name it, removed the game from firewall, and disabled Avast but to no avail. Mods I used were "More Hairstyles" & "Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors" and they are gone and off my computer!

Seriously thinking about contacting the person I bought this from because the game was working perfect when first received but now it's just a load of * that I feel like I wasted money on. Are mods known to cause such problems?? Was really beginning to get into the story and character build too. Please help?

Message 1 of 3 (215 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Ultimate Edition/Awakenings Crashing 24/7

Community Manager (retired)

Hi there (interesting username you have :P)

Unfortunately yes, mods can cause a lot of problems. I personally never use any but that's just a matter of preference really.

Have you tried to reinstall the game from scratch? I understand it's annoying but it might be the only solution. 

Let us know if it worked.

Message 2 of 3 (198 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Ultimate Edition/Awakenings Crashing 24/7

★★★ Newbie

Cosmetics use a chrgmorph.xml file (or something like that) Look at the tools section of the mod-site and get a compiler. Follow the instructions.

Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)