Re: Dragon Age:Origins Can't connect to servers on XBOX to update Dragon Age Kee

by KynaTheirin

Original Post

Re: Dragon age origins still not able to connect to servers

★★★ Newbie

So people are spending money on this game series and the support for DLC downloads etc. has vanished?

Is there a way of accessing DLC's without needing to use the non existent servers?

Message 191 of 224 (1,797 Views)

Re: Dragon age origins still not able to connect to servers

★★ Novice

I know on X-Box One I had to go through my Dragon Age Keep and unlock my DLCs and then had access to them once I used the second disc. I'm not sure if it would work if you bought the download codes for the DLC's instead of the Ultimate Edition with the two discs. Sad that it has been almost a year and there has been no update to this situation. Sad and very frustrating.

Message 192 of 224 (1,787 Views)

Re: Dragon Age:Origins Can't connect to servers on XBOX to update Dragon Age Kee

★★ Apprentice

At this point, I'd say it's hopeless. They probably were just saying it's being worked on to pacify us. 

Message 193 of 224 (1,681 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Why am I for some reason getting a feeling this might have something to do with E3 last year when Bethesda shamingly proved EA wrong on the majority of things? 

Message 194 of 224 (1,522 Views)

★ Apprentice
I’ll be surprised if it gets fixed at this point. This is beyond ridiculous.
Message 195 of 224 (1,255 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Servers Still Down

★ Novice

I can access the DA servers on DA2 but not origins ultimate 

Message 196 of 224 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Novice

After two angry tweets directed at EA Help, I got a response. It's the same BS  they've been saying and not actually listening to what people are saying. I'm attaching the guys response. In my message I had said that people were unable to access DLC's and their Origin world states were not being linked to the Keep because the servers are down. As you can see, I don't think he got the picture.

Message 197 of 224 (1,144 Views)

★★ Novice

.so question,since i want to play DA2 with with a world state from origins, is that ****ed by the whole "servers are temporarily unavailable" BS? like, i could give half a dam about the keep, since i can just bs a character there, but i like to connect the narative between bioware games. (weird, i know, to enjoy a central feature of something that isnt paying money to Ea, but i digress)

Message 198 of 224 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jmiller3894 If you are playing on the same console, like Xbox, your data from Origins will be transferred to your DA2 game when you enter the character creation. But if the data is on a different console then you're kinda screwed since DA2 doesn't allow you to connect to the Keep to transfer an Origins world state. (from what I remember)
Message 199 of 224 (1,087 Views)

★★ Novice

oh phew. though it went through some sort of server check to grab from the account or something. yeah, its all the same backwards combat from my xbox one x

Message 200 of 224 (1,082 Views)