Re: Dragon Age Servers Still Down

by Tigerboi1979

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just found out about keep and after the initial process, I didn't have my characters. I booted up my DA:O for the 360 and couldn't connect to the servers (big surprise by the looks of this forum) but after a while I checked back on Keep and found that 2 of 3 characters were uploaded. Sadly neither of those, they didn't have their story finished, were the one I wanted to see, as the one i was looking for went through all the awakening + DLC.

The interesting thing I noticed though was that the two that were uploaded were the only instances of themselves; no extra save profiles from different DLC stories. I going to try and have my latest save isolated and see if it still gets uploaded even though I cannot connect to the server. 

-edit-

Hasn't seem to worked, so how I got 2 characters into Keep in beyond me.

Message 161 of 224 (1,537 Views)

★★★ Guide

Screenshot_20190320-232411_Twitter.jpg Same BS different smell.

Message 162 of 224 (1,482 Views)

★ Novice

E.A. games told me this when i had talk with them about the severe not connecting 

Message 163 of 224 (1,460 Views)

★ Novice

E.A. games told me this when i called about the problem not connecting to severe

Message 164 of 224 (1,462 Views)

★★★ Novice
Is it also down when you play it on Xbox One? I was thinking about trying that :c
Message 165 of 224 (1,399 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes

Message 166 of 224 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@littleboy99999 wrote:
And it means all the DLCs I bought are totally trash!

I can use the Ultimate Edition DLC fine. Just not uploading my stuff to the server and it also messes with any DLC that is hooked to your EA account. True, I can just recreate my characters in the Keep, but it'd still be nice!

Message 167 of 224 (1,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@MidnightDragonDXLucky you. I can’t seem to use the DLCs either. They download fine, but when I shut my PS3 off and then start up Origins, I get a prompt that says that the DLC data is corrupted, which it obviously isn’t since it works fine when initially downloaded. I believe that has to do with the game’s disconnection form the server and therefore from the PS store, where DLCs like “The Edge” are obtained from. Since the game can’t actively connect to the store, it can’t identify the DLC data. I could be wrong, but that’s what my intuition is telling me...

(I should add that reinstalling the DLCs every time I shut off my system or play another game isn’t an option.)

Message 168 of 224 (1,306 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Well, I don't want to start a platform war, but you can try playing the PC version from GOG which is DRM-free and includes all the DLC. It won't solve the character upload issue thought. This happens with all the old EA games. They tend to shutdown servers...
Message 169 of 224 (1,096 Views)

★★ Guide
What I don’t understand is why the DA2 servers work fine; it’s only about two years older than Origins...
Message 170 of 224 (1,093 Views)