Re: Dragon Age: Origins doesn't start

by NcDQuarian

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins doesn't start

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello!

When I try to start the game, it just quickly shows the splash screen and then crashes without opening any more windows or anything. There is no error message. I do own the origin and the gog.com version, both versions don't work.

Here are the things I already tried:

- Installed new graphic drivers (and removed the old ones completely with DDU)

- Reinstalled nvidia physix

- Installed legacy nvidia physix

- Installed some older nvidia physix version

- Re-installed Microsoft Visuial C++ Runtime (2005)

- Re-installed directx9, also with the bundled version of DA:O

- Killed background applications

- Patched the DaOrigins.exe with the 4GB Ram Patch

- Setup a shortcut to run DA:O with processor affinity

- Compatibility Modes (Windows XP SP3, Windows 8)

- Running DA:O as Admin

- Disabling all Sound

- Running on minimal settings

- Running in windowed mode

- Disabled any overlays (nvidia experience, origin when using the origin version)

I honestly don't feel like reinstalling windows though just to run one game. So I didn't try that. My System Specs are in the attached DxDiag. You can also see an error message there when running DA:O, it looks like the following:

Fehlerbucket 1345926085282786522, Typ 1
Ereignisname: APPCRASH
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: DAOrigins.exe
P2: 1.5.13263.0
P3: 4eb19d53
P4: nvcuda.dll
P5: 25.21.14.1735
P6: 5c0f5706
P7: c0000005
P8: 0030a65f
P9:
P10:

It specifically names the nvcuda.dll, but after doing some research it looks like a very common error signature in all kind of games crashing.

I really would appreciate any ideas! Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (617 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I actually managed to solve it. Remeber the mentioned nvcuda.dll? I downloaded an (as it seems older) version of this nvcuda.dll from one of those dll distribution sites (I know, they always

seem a bit fishy). And I just put it into the bin_ship folder. Now it starts Standard smile

Thanks a lot for taking the time though Fred_vdp! It's awesome to see you can still get support for older games as well. Especially since you don't work for EA.

Cheers!

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (540 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try to launch the game on integrated graphics. If it launches, we can confirm Nvidia is the culprit. Just reboot the PC with the monitor plugged into the motherboard instead of the Geforce.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (594 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello!

This was an excellent Idea, but a bit of a hassle to test (had to disconnect my graphics card and so on).

Turns out you are right: With onboard graphics it's booting. So it is somehow connected to my graphics card or the nvidia drivers. I'm a bit out of ideas what to try here though, because I (clean-) Installed a few driver versions already.

Thanks for the help so far!

Message 3 of 5 (566 Views)

Hero

You could try an older driver instead of the latest one.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (551 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually managed to solve it. Remeber the mentioned nvcuda.dll? I downloaded an (as it seems older) version of this nvcuda.dll from one of those dll distribution sites (I know, they always

seem a bit fishy). And I just put it into the bin_ship folder. Now it starts Standard smile

Thanks a lot for taking the time though Fred_vdp! It's awesome to see you can still get support for older games as well. Especially since you don't work for EA.

Cheers!

Message 5 of 5 (541 Views)