Re: Dragon Age Origins crashing after defeating demon inside Connor

by Zyphris

Original Post

Dragon Age Origins crashing after defeating demon inside Connor

★★ Novice

Dragon Age keeps crashing during the loading screen after I defeated the demon inside Connor. I can not use the 4gb patch because when I do the game won't launch. I've removed all my mods and still nothing works. I can't continue... Please someone help. Like if someone has a fix for my 4gb patch problem that would be just as great. Also I have the game on Origins not steam.

Message 1 of 7 (1,651 Views)

★★ Novice
So I got past this quest luckily. I removed all the mods in the core-override folder.... I put the graphics on it's lowest possible. And destroyed all mod items in my inventory. I then went alone to face the demon without party members.... Even though I'm past this can anyone help me with the 4gb patch issue?
Message 2 of 7 (1,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@RetchedCat7869;  I run with the 4GB hak, (it's no "patch") and have done so for years.

Depending on which "Large Memory Array" utility program you're using, it's trivial to make the change to the daorigins.exe file.  I happen to use one that was written for FO3 and packaged as a batch file. I made the appropriate filename edits and it worked perfectly.  Which one do you have?

Message 3 of 7 (1,616 Views)

★★ Novice
I use this one http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php . But can you link me the one you have and tell me how to install it. And thanks so much for replying =D
Message 4 of 7 (1,602 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@RetchedCat7869;  Did you get this message when you hak'd daorigins.exe?

4GB Patch Success Message.png

If so, then there's nothing more to do.

If not, let's review what you did and how you did it.

Message 5 of 7 (1,584 Views)

★★ Novice
Yep I got that message. I got another Large Address Aware and it worked for a while. But now I tried to play it again the same issue occurred where I Dragon Age Origins does not want to open
Message 6 of 7 (1,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this issue as well and was having no luck with the listed fixes and I did not want to try the code, then by sheer luck I found it the way to start it. As soon as Sophia starts walking talk to a party member. For some reason if you're in the conversation screen with them she doesn't lock up and continues to the start location.reloaded 3 times to double check and it worked all 3. ( I can't say if this works for Avernus didn't try)

Message 7 of 7 (1,479 Views)