Re: Dragon Age: Origins awc.dll load failed?

by weaselsden

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins awc.dll load failed?

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I'm sort of a new gamer of sorts and I'm having some serious problems with Dragon Age: Origins. It took my computer over 2 days just to download the game (My internet connection is awful) and now everytime I try to play it I get a "awc.dll load failed" thing. I payed good money to play this game, the download took forever, and now it's not even going to WORK? Is there any way to fix this other than needing to reinstall? Like I said, I'm kind of a new gamer so the simpler it is the better.

I'm just really mad at this whole thing right now. I've been patiently waiting for this to download and it's just really frustrating. How can I fix this? Is there any way I can contact EA directly and get them to fix this somehow? It was a direct download, is that what's screwing it up? I don't have a CD for it, but I bought it from the site as a direct download so there shouldn't be a problem. I have an updated Adobe Air and I don't know what else to try. Please help.

Message 1 of 5 (3,326 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

@ThtAwkwardGamer wrote:

Okay, so I'm sort of a new gamer of sorts and I'm having some serious problems with Dragon Age: Origins. It took my computer over 2 days just to download the game (My internet connection is awful) and now everytime I try to play it I get a "awc.dll load failed" thing. I payed good money to play this game, the download took forever, and now it's not even going to WORK? Is there any way to fix this other than needing to reinstall? Like I said, I'm kind of a new gamer so the simpler it is the better.

I'm just really mad at this whole thing right now. I've been patiently waiting for this to download and it's just really frustrating. How can I fix this? Is there any way I can contact EA directly and get them to fix this somehow? It was a direct download, is that what's screwing it up? I don't have a CD for it, but I bought it from the site as a direct download so there shouldn't be a problem. I have an updated Adobe Air and I don't know what else to try. Please help.

AWC.dll is a component in the Adobe Air program that Bioware used for its digital versions of these games.  It's easy to update Adobe Air, and it's something that was happening often a few years ago, so easily found in any kind of search for the name of the file.  

Anyyone with really poor internet service should always buy the DVDs.  

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,377 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@ThtAwkwardGamer wrote:

AWC.dll is a component in the Adobe Air program that Bioware used for its digital versions of these games.  It's easy to update Adobe Air, and it's something that was happening often a few years ago, so easily found in any kind of search for the name of the file.  

Anyyone with really poor internet service should always buy the DVDs.  

Message 2 of 5 (3,378 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Update Adobe AIR work for me ! Don't forget to restart PC (like me ConfusedmileyhappyStandard smile  before reinstall game.

Message 3 of 5 (2,485 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
Ok, but when I tried to update, it tell's me I CAN'T update the Adobe Air, because the most recent update's already been installed! My DA:O and Awakening WORKED until the 1.05 update auto installed by Origin! NOW what?
Message 4 of 5 (2,012 Views)

★★ Novice
Oh, and I HAVE the hard disc; I've only started having problems since they went to Origin. I unistalled the game last night, and re-installed, after unistalling Adobe Air, and RE-instaling IT, and I STILL get the same message! Quite frankly, I'm a little pissed that every time "the latest patch" comes out, I can't play the games anymore! I've the same problem with DA2, only since the last patch the game freezes up on loads to other parts of the game.
Message 5 of 5 (1,995 Views)