Dragon Age: Origins VC++ Error

by Frank_Palpatine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins VC++ Error

★★ Novice

After installing the game on Origin, I recieve this pop-up.

"Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed sucessfully. Setup cannot continue. (-2147024894)"

After recieving this, I tried repairing the game and "install" it again. With no luck, it didn't fix it. I tried doing a Clean Boot then repairing it. Nothing. Is there something I am missing? Do I have to update my Visual C++? Did I install it incorrectly?

Message 1 of 6 (5,455 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age: Origins VC++ Error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ah, found my solution to my own problem. Wink

I had to install a newer version of VC thats on this link; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259403/en-us and downloading this file: VRC6RedistSetup_deu.exe

After downloading it, it will be in German. You should get Ja (yes) or Nein (no). Hitting Ja, you agree to whats said. After that, you will want to extract the file in the next popup. You would put in this; C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer\vc\vc2005\redist . Next hit OK on the pop-up and "vcredist" will be extracted there.

Inside the redist folder, there should be vcredist_x86 and vcredist (this is the file you just downloaded). Next, you would save the vcredist_x86 and put it somewhere safe in another file. Next delete it out of redist, and rename vcredist (again, the file you just downloaded) to vcredist_x86.

Your game should work. Thanks for the help though!

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (6,039 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Plesae try running the redist manually at C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer\vc\vc2005\redist and see if you get the same error/.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (5,450 Views)

★★ Novice

(Thanks for repsonding!) Did that, and got the pop up telling me about it and giving two choices, Yes or No. I clicked Yes and got the following;

Error creating process

<C:\Users\SamM\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\VCREDI~1.EXE>.

Reason: The system cannot find file specified.

Message 3 of 6 (5,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had to install a newer version of VC thats on this link; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259403/en-us and downloading this file: VRC6RedistSetup_deu.exe

After downloading it, it will be in German. You should get Ja (yes) or Nein (no). Hitting Ja, you agree to whats said. After that, you will want to extract the file in the next popup. You would put in this; C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer\vc\vc2005\redist . Next hit OK on the pop-up and "vcredist" will be extracted there.

Inside the redist folder, there should be vcredist_x86 and vcredist (this is the file you just downloaded). Next, you would save the vcredist_x86 and put it somewhere safe in another file. Next delete it out of redist, and rename vcredist (again, the file you just downloaded) to vcredist_x86.

Message 4 of 6 (6,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU for the tip to use that "updated version" its actually for 32 bit my game didnt have C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer\vc\vc2005\redist so i had to find a file to bring it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition   i used!! like you said i put the file in a better place changed the name to that (after i got the file uploaded) put it in all 4 of the vc redists as replacements gave me 4 errors in german then loaded the game!!! (i copied and pasted and changed the file to vcredist_x64

@Pirate9492 wrote:

Message 5 of 6 (5,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've spent days trying to get this running, this fixed it a treat. You're a legend mate.

Message 6 of 6 (3,741 Views)