Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate crashes during game update and transition to play

by legendshonor

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate crashes during game update and transition to play

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

** GAME DISAPPEARS DURING TRANSITION FROM MENU TO PLAY **

My experiences are with Dragon Age Origins Ultimate - pc version, Origin sourced.

UPDATE:  The chantry board in Denerim (after recruiting Zevran) is black and red. The game collapses after seeing this.

I have chatted with EA and nVidia techs without resolution. Each have directed me to download a 2005/8 update(?) which didn't resolve the problem. The nVidia tech had me uncheck the C++ option as the error I've received only twice out of more than 20 crashes I would say. Windows Update indicates my system is up to date. There's no manual way to check for updates for the Origin client.

One Origin error is

Download Error

We're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. Please check your internet connection, or try again later.

Help us improve Origin by submitting an error report

This is sometimes problematic as the submit button doesn't always darken. When it does work, it offers a ticket number where I think gamers would be better served if it was emailed, the client retained them.. or in ea support online - should the problem be with the client not loading.

The error I've seen only twice:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

R6025

- pure virtual function call

Before running the troubleshooter, none of the segments were on compatibility but that's an Origin message that I commonly get - that it's in compatibility mode.

The game will *often load to the menu, on which I choose Resume, and during the transition to play the game disappears. I then "Repair Game" in the client after which it seldom will run for a satisfactory amount of time. I have learned to hope.. it stays running and try to save often. Sometimes I'll Update the Game during which it will show that first error about downloading on a section - I don't know which one. I'm not entirely sure what if any effect this has. One error I got once is that the new files are incompatible with existing files. The problem isn't with my internet connection as I un/reinstalled both DAO and the Origin client, which my Predator did without issue.

I can run Sims Medieval with no problems. I don't have any mods for either DAO Ultimate or Sims Medieval. I like to load both games from the desktop shortcut. When I'm having frequent problems with DAO, I load it from the Origin client.

Is there any other detail I might be able to provide?

Thumbs up Thank you for your time.  Standard smile

(( also put here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/DAO-Ultimate-Crashes-during-transition-to-play-and-upda...))

Message 1 of 2 (2,825 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate crashes during game update and transition to pl

Community Manager

@legendshonor

I see you have "Killer" network hardware, can you check on the website of your hardware manufacturer for any available updates?

Let us know how you get on after applying any hardware/driver updates, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,722 Views)

All Replies

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate crashes during game update and transition to pl

Community Manager

@legendshonor

I see you have "Killer" network hardware, can you check on the website of your hardware manufacturer for any available updates?

Let us know how you get on after applying any hardware/driver updates, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (2,723 Views)