Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (Origin) DirectX Error

by kyo487

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (Origin) DirectX Error

★★ Novice

So yesterday I got a new laptop because my old one was not able to keep up anymore. I went through installing Origin last night and was able to perfectly install Dragon Age 2 with no issues, but when I attempted Origins (UE) I kept getting the same error code. I’ve tried speaking to multiple techs, one walked me through deleting “corrupted files” because they claimed that was the issue. When that still didn’t work the next tech told me it was a windows issue and to take it up with Microsoft. That was it. My brand new, just out of the box laptop was the issue and not Origin. 

BRAND. NEW. LAPTOP. 

So I scoured the internet and these threads trying to get one of the solutions to work for me but to no avail. I even had my fiancé attempt to fix it since he works in tech support. Still no fix. 

DirectX is installed and up to date (obviously), have restarted my laptop several times, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin several times, tried running as administrator, in compatibility mode, safe mode for downloading, nothing had been working. I’m tearing my hair out here and really hoping someone can help me with this. 

Message 1 of 3 (532 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (Origin) DirectX Error

★★★★ Novice

you are going to need to install physX as it is in the terms and conditions, 

download link:

https://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/9.16.0318/Phys...

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (503 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

you are going to need to install physX as it is in the terms and conditions, 

download link:

https://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/9.16.0318/Phys...

Message 2 of 3 (504 Views)

★★ Novice
I found that going back like ten pages! Thank you! Also, I should add this to the post, but I had to do a kinda strange work around moving all CAB files into a new folder during install. I’m not sure why that fixed it but it did.
Message 3 of 3 (495 Views)