Dragon Age: Origins Servers down 2020

by Deceased666999

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Servers down 2020

★★★ Newbie

Yes, How crazy that I have just downloaded DAO and I cannot play it. Its pissing me of because you'd think they'd have it all together now. 

Message 21 of 83 (4,307 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm glad (sort of) it's not just me, and probably lucky that it doesn't seem to have disabled my stuff like it used to do in the old days, but the server reliability is not impressive.  Nothing seems to work reliably, the constant disconnect messages, randomly being logged out, stuff not showing up on the Keep or taking hours, days, weeks or never to appear, then stuff disappearing, reappearing, then breaking.

It seems it's not just Oranges either, from what I can tell it's an EA-wide problem and has been for... well, years, actually.  It's crazy that a company so obsessed with forcing people to require online connectivity to play their games are so bad at it.  Certainly makes me think twice about buying more stuff with the crass and vulgar EA logo on it: even if they haven't compromised the game's development, there's still not much point if I can't play the bloody thing.

Message 22 of 83 (4,282 Views)

★ Novice

I just heard about the new dragon age that was coming out, so I thought I'd get back to the good old first game and make a new character from the get go. And work through them the story so I'd have a complete tapestry of a storyline, dlc included, to bring for the latest release. And I could enjoy the story all over again. Only to find out that I can't access the servers for the first game, and it seems that its been a issue for months now and they've not touched it. Which is sad to hear. I really hope they get around to fixing them soon. Even more so in these times when we'd all love to just enjoy a old game.

Message 23 of 83 (4,098 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've not been able to connect to the servers since July 2018. Thankfully, I had already downloaded all my DLCs and other content.  I know that on the PS3, you can go to the PS Store and view and download and install all your content. Can you do the same with XBox? Might be worth a shot.

Also, I managed to find the programs (DA:O, DA2; and Inquisition) for the PC at a really good deal.  I've always been able to log into the servers from the PC. Why? I don't know. But I figured out to create my characters on the PC, which makes them available for the Keep.  I hate the keyboard controls, so I only playthrough to Ostagar, then I play on my PS3, starting over with the same character I created on the PC. Not the best solution, but it works.

I've got a controller for the Inquisition game on the PC, and can still connect to the servers with DA:2 and Inquisition. So I bounce back and forth.  Hope this helps you.

Message 24 of 83 (4,018 Views)

★★ Novice

Just confirming the DAO & DA2 servers are down on the 360 version still

Message 25 of 83 (3,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm kind of having problems connecting too but I only own the PC versions unfortunately. The only thing is, when I load DAO everything goes pretty good, it loads and everything and it even says it's connected, but all of a sudden a message comes up saying "Impossible to access to your online account. Informations may not be valid" or something like that. BUT!! It still says it's connected!? Like wtf, I tried to log from the EA Bioware website, Dragon Age Keep and everything (DA2 and DAI don't give me this issue btw, it's just DAO).

Now, I don't know if it's because I modified the KeyBindings file to put on the cheats, but since it's not the first time I modify them it seems crazy to me that the first times everything worked fine but right now it's giving me this problem... honestly, I don't know what to do. I've seen this is a problem going on since 2018 or even earlier from what I read on the EA Answers. But as I said, when I load the game it says it's connected, then this message pops out saying the informations might not be valid.

Message 26 of 83 (3,884 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's been doing this for weeks: it's just how it is, it would seem.  It doesn't affect you playing the game (not AFAIK anyway: not like the bad old days when it would silently disable DLC) but it is annoying.  You can still kinda sorta create your character's story in the Keep though it is rather fiddly and non-intuitive for something that should just work.  But y'know, EA.

Message 27 of 83 (3,881 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You know what? You're right, good old EA. Maybe they want us to pay more for the game to actually work along with the other websites

Message 28 of 83 (3,880 Views)

★ Novice

This fix worked for me when I installed using the ultimate edition disks on Xbox One. 1, install all of the second disk, with the dlc. 2, only uninstall the game from manage games. 3, install disk 1, as well as the update it wants to do. 4, put back in disk 2, and play off that always. When you get to the menu, servers won't work, but it'll read the dlc off the disk.

For digital users, try installing the game and dlc. Then reinstall the game if it let's you keep the dlc there like the above method. Not sure if it works the same way.

Message 29 of 83 (3,824 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@renegadeprothean DAO server is also down on PC.
Message 30 of 83 (3,777 Views)