Re: Dragon Age: Origins Save Files Disappeared

by Bev0531

Original Post

Dragon Age: Origins Save Files Disappeared

★ Apprentice

I've been having problems since the server crash with my characters and achievements not uploading. I've tried just about every solution with no success. While doing something else, I happened to open one of my recent characters save files only to find it was empty. I play the game from the disc and not through Origin, so cloud saves shouldn't be the issue. I have two other characters that also have empty save files, yet I can still play them. Where are these files being saved? And could this be the reason none of my characters are uploading to BSN?

Message 1 of 3 (8,166 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Your save files should be in \Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters where each character has their own folder. Here you can see my two character folders:

CharacterSaves.JPG

Each folder includes a character portrait, full body picture, XML file for that character and all your save files in a sepatare folder:

Darrian.JPG

Can you perhaps try to search for the name of your character in your files as that should bring up all the files associated with that character?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 3 (8,144 Views)

★ Apprentice

@eaursula wrote:

Your save files should be in \Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters where each character has their own folder. Here you can see my two character folders:

Each folder includes a character portrait, full body picture, XML file for that character and all your save files in a sepatare folder:

Can you perhaps try to search for the name of your character in your files as that should bring up all the files associated with that character?

Oh I know where to look for my character files. Upon further exploration, I found that these empty folders seem to be duplicates of characters I'm playing/have played. The characters are still in my game and available to be played. I've started to delete some of these empty folders and there seems to be no issue with playing the characters. I still can't seem to get characters and achievements to upload to BSN. I've reset the firewall exception and tried to empty the cache, although nothing indicates that the cache has been emptied, and the game says that I'm connected. I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Message 3 of 3 (8,133 Views)