Dragon Age Origins - Missing Descriptions/Tool Tips

by sbuzby

Original Post

Dragon Age Origins - Missing Descriptions/Tool Tips

★★★ Newbie

I've recently reinstalled Origins and Awakenings but I'm having an issue with the descriptions/tool tips for many skill and abilities  not showing up.  I have no mods installed and I have tried reinstalling and repairing the game several times with no effect.  I never had this issue before, is this a known issue with an update for the game?  Does anyone know of a patch or solution?

Message 1 of 4 (1,482 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Origins - Missing Descriptions/Tool Tips

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @sbuzby

That's a weird problem, but I've seen it mentioned in a few older posts on AHQ.

First of all, could you check if you have the update 1.05 installed for DAO? Or even try to reinstall it - it's available in this articleClearing Origin cache might also be a good idea.

And if that's possible, could you post a screenshot showing the missing text?

Many thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (1,417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Ataashi,

Thank you for your response.  Yes I have checked I am running update 1.05 and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times (both from the original CD's and through Origin) but I continue to have the same problem.  I have attached a file with screenshots so you can see exactly what issue I'm having.  Keep in mind that I'm only a few of the missing tool-tips and it is much more prevalent than the couple of pictures I'm showing.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

Message 3 of 4 (1,377 Views)

★★★ Novice
I think that might have to do with the Microsoft redist 2010. I had a similar issue until I reinstalled it. It happens because the code derps up in reading the codes, so the newer texts end up being unreadable. If that doesn't work, check the other redist packs and make sure they're up to date.
Message 4 of 4 (1,267 Views)