Re: Dragon Age: Origins - Game Crashes (Stops Working) occasionally when I open

by Oz1956

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Thanks, @ThandalNLyman... I think you're actually helping me on two different problems, one of them on another forum!

I've attached the DXdiag report.

I am not sure of the version of DA:O that I have right now. I downloaded and installed DA:O through Origin a few days ago. Prior to that, I had installed the game from physical disks. Both were Unlimited Edition (if that's what you mean by UE or not), and I know for sure the disk installation did not have Patch 1.05, but I don't know about the Origin installation. The only reason I'm mentioning the first installation is because I'm not sure if that's somehow interfering with something - as I also can't load a save file now: I get a message saying there is missing content (mods). (That's the other problem I am having that I think you might be helping me with on another forum.)

Which brings us to mods: These are the mods listed in the error message when I try to load my save file:

Qunari Update

Skip the Fade-816

Improved Romance Scenes and Fixes - Alistair (IRS A Standalone DAzip-1166)

Extra Dog Slot v1.41

AlistairRom Appetite 1.1-4587-1-1

These mods are/were installed and not mentioned in the error message:

No Helmet Hack 1_6 Origins-202 (this mod was working in the forced load)

Madd Gift Guide - Madd Gift Guide V1_1 (this mod was not working in the forced load)

DahliaLynn's - Alistair's First Night Love Scene - First_Night_IRS 3.0 (I am not sure if this mod was working because it's a cinematic (I think))

A year with Sten - A year with Sten (this mod requires qunari_update to work, so not sure if it would have worked in the forced load)

And Lock Bash - Lock Bash v7e for Original and Awakening is installed but I disabled it as it never did work for me.

I hope some of this helps, thanks so much!

Message 11 of 14 (5,524 Views)

★ Novice
How do you know which processor to choose? Does it matter?
Message 12 of 14 (5,171 Views)

★★ Novice

Choose Core 1.

Message 13 of 14 (4,877 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found a workaround and this is the only thing that worked for me. Load an earlier save from another city/camp. Then load your current save. Works for me, every time although it doesn't solve the underlying issue.

Message 14 of 14 (4,047 Views)