Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition items not present in-game

by DariusArdenKara

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition items not present in-game

★★★ Novice

I made this post in another section before I found the Dragon Age: Origins section, so I figured I should put it here.

Yesterday, I bought both the Digital Deluxe Edition and the Ultimate Edition, as I wanted the in-game items that came with the Digital Deluxe, along with the Ultimate Edition content.

But if I understand correctly, I'm supposed to see Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes in my inventory at the start of a new game, but I can't find it anywhere.

I made sure every single piece of DLC was installed. Everything says it's installed or unlocked, which includes the Collector's Edition Bonus Items.

Could someone explain? Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8 (6,894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition items not present in-game

Hero

@DariusArdenKara wrote:

One last thing, though. Do you know if the Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes exploit has been patched out?

I have all content except the Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, so I don't know anything about that.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (8,204 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Which copy of the game do you have? Steam, Origin, GOG.com or DVD? (Note: The GOG version has no DRM, so every single DLC, including digital deluxe items, can be installed without authorization.)

Are the DLCs enabled in the DLC section of the main menu? Here's what the screen looks like:

2016.12.10-11.02.png

Also note that you have to be logged in to authorize some of the DLC.

If convenient methods of installation are bugged, you can look into manual installation here: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_content_(Origins)#Manual_installation

Message 2 of 8 (6,871 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for comin' by.

I bought both the Digital Deluxe Edition and the Ultimate Edition on Origin yesterday. The in-game Downloadable Content menu didn't show anything related to the Digital Deluxe items, as far as I could tell. No option to include or remove them, they weren't listed anywhere on there.

But on the Origin client, under Extra Content, the Digital Deluxe Bonus Items are listed as unlocked, same as the Blood Dragon armor, which I saw was successfully installed, same as everything else.

And I was definitely logged into the game, it showed my email as logged in.

Message 3 of 8 (6,858 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fixed the issue, followed the instructions on the wiki. Thank you for that.

One last thing, though. Do you know if the Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes exploit has been patched out? Once I got the DLC workin', I attempted it, but couldn't ever get the exploit to work.

If it's been patched out, no worries. Only knew about it 'cause of the wiki, which didn't say anything about a patch, so I figured it was still in there, since it's an older game. Who'd patch it now, ya know?

Here's the wiki link for context: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Grimoire_of_the_Frozen_Wastes

Message 4 of 8 (6,829 Views)

Hero

@DariusArdenKara wrote:

One last thing, though. Do you know if the Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes exploit has been patched out?

I have all content except the Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes, so I don't know anything about that.

Message 5 of 8 (8,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah, no worries. Anyway, I got the DLC workin'. Thanks for all your help.

Message 6 of 8 (6,808 Views)

★ Novice

Can you tell me how you did it, how you fixed the issue, because I have it as well?

Message 7 of 8 (4,618 Views)

★ Novice
Late reply: he probably got it working through the aforementioned manual installation method (view the wikia/fandom link above). Also, I read something about logging into Dragon Keep (browser) and going to the "Carreer" tab/menu.
Message 8 of 8 (3,852 Views)