Dragon Age Origins DLC Price Issues

by AavoxxMonoan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Origins DLC Price Issues

★★★★★ Newbie

Sorry I posted this twice, I realized after posting my first post that I should have posted it to the Dragon Age Origins Board instead of the General EA Board

Hi, my name is John, and I have recently and finally begun playing Dragon Age: Origins. The version I have is just the base game, and now that I have invested a few hours into the game, I wanted to purchase the game's DLC. Looking on the Origin site, the DLC bundle deal is currently 14.99. However, the base cost of the game is 7.99, and the Ultimate Edition, which contains the base game and all DLC, is only 11.99. I would rather spend 4 dollars on the DLC bundle instead of having it be less expensive to buy the entire game, especially since I already have saves tied to the base game that I doubt would carry over. Is there any way to lower the cost of the DLC Bundle to something more sensible? The game's nearly a decade old and I'd much rather spend my money purchasing the next games in the series. Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Origins DLC Price Issues

Hero

@AavoxxMonoan The Ultimate Edition is currently $4.99 on GOG.com. This includes absolutely everything, even promotional items that were previously excluded from the Ultimate Edition.

https://www.gog.com/game/dragon_age_origins

This copy is DRM free, meaning you don't need any game client to run it, but I believe you can still play the game with the DLC through your preferred client if you wish.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (442 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@AavoxxMonoan As far as I know, it won't affect your saves at all. You should be able to buy the Ultimate Edition and still load your saved games from the base game. I just think saves from Ultimate might not be compatible with the standard version, but the other way around should work just fine.
Message 2 of 3 (449 Views)

Hero

@AavoxxMonoan The Ultimate Edition is currently $4.99 on GOG.com. This includes absolutely everything, even promotional items that were previously excluded from the Ultimate Edition.

https://www.gog.com/game/dragon_age_origins

This copy is DRM free, meaning you don't need any game client to run it, but I believe you can still play the game with the DLC through your preferred client if you wish.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (443 Views)