Dragon Age: Origins Character Profiles Won't Upload

by staffltalenko

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Origins Character Profiles Won't Upload

★★★ Novice

Hey, I don't want to tell you what to do or be rude, but we're just trying to have help here-- and your post a little out of place. Besides, I don't think putting the blame on the BSN is a good tactic. I, for one, loved it for all its glorious mess and when working, gamer profiles are very nice.

Message 11 of 26 (8,365 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Occasionally, the truth can be painful.  That is the case with this practically stillborn concept. 

Message 12 of 26 (8,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I finally got around to contact EA Assistance yesterday (French time). Although the helper was really competent and nice, I do not notice any changes. Apparently, my persona was changed, but no results so far. screenshots and characters still not uploading.

It kinda sucks. Hope I won't have trouble with the Keep.

Edit : the problem being the online storage, why does my achievements keep on updating ?

Message 13 of 26 (8,348 Views)

★ Novice

Maker help us all! I have exactly the same problem.Confusedmileysad:

Message 14 of 26 (8,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hello 

I try upload my Dragon Age:Origin Character profile.  it still same old  character picture and only 3 level ? 

I have dragon age:ultimate edition  and dragon age II PS3

please answer me.

Message 15 of 26 (8,330 Views)

Hero

@mastermax2 wrote:

hello 

I try upload my Dragon Age:Origin Character profile.  it still same old  character picture and only 3 level ? 

http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.php?sku=dragonage1ue_ps3&nid=2296984184 ?

I have dragon age:ultimate edition  and dragon age II PS3

please answer me.

Looks like the character was uploaded twice, once as a level 3 character and once as a lavel 35 character.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 16 of 26 (8,320 Views)

Hero

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

DA: O is nearly five years old.  The Bioware Social Network site and DA: O were designed and released together.  BSN remained buggy during the entire short period that it struggled to exist.  Compared to anything Bioware had ever done as a "community reach", it was a total disaster.  The business of game character profiles was only the worst of the foolishness that never worked properly. 

Absolutely correct. The DA character profiles never worked properly, either because the profiles didn't upload, or because your profile wouldn't update. On several occasions, my characters were synced with my profile months after I had finished my playthrough, and it didn't even show the final version of this character.

Fortunately, character profiles aren't very useful, and the upcoming Dragon Age Keep doesn't import plot flags.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 26 (8,317 Views)

★ Novice

finally it work now. :D

Message 18 of 26 (8,302 Views)

★ Novice

What did you do? I chatted with customer service, and they just told me to put the problem on the forum.
I've got characters I've long since deleted and want to keep erased IN BSN and the Keep, many characters I want NOT there, and half the characters I like, never had their final level uploaded.

Message 19 of 26 (8,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem, I can't see any of my characters under "manage characters" though there are a bunch under "player profile diagnostics".  I get error messages when I try to delete the ones that have issues.  or any of them, for that matter.

I just talked with support tier 2, they just said go to the forums and post.  That took about an hour for no real answer.

If this is going to be an issue because of old crappy reasons they never fixed, and the answer is "sucks to be you, make it up in the keep", then Dragon Age Keep really needs to make this clear ASAP because there's going to be lots of people like me with lots of saved games hitting support if they don't.

Message 20 of 26 (8,236 Views)