Dragon Age DLC

by theJohnson92

Original Post

Highlighted

Dragon Age DLC

★★★ Newbie

I’m unable to access DLC for Dragon Age Origins. I have the two disc ultimate edition and when I get to the main screen the game is unable to connect to DA servers. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that hasn’t solved the problem, indeed I’m now unable to install the extra content back on my hard drive. 

Message 1 of 3 (587 Views)

Re: Dragon Age DLC

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@theJohnson92;  Short answer: Yeah, many people are reporting problems connecting with the servers.  Plus, the retail disc install is no longer the best option.

Longer answer:  I recommend installing the game via the EA/Origin download.  You'll get the latest patch, all the DLC your "product code" entitles you to, and never have to find the discs (or the code) again.

Log-in to EA/Origin, then on the top-line menu choose: "Origin ==> Redeem Product Code", and put in your CD-Key.

(NOTE:  The d/l is a little over 24GB.)

Message 2 of 3 (562 Views)

Re: Dragon Age DLC

Hero

@ThandalNLyman Do you know if the Origin version still requires an online check to authenticate DLC?

If so, it might just be best to get the game on GOG.com. It's the most complete version with all the DLC, including limited promo items that you can no longer get anywhere else, and is completely DRM free. There's also currently a sale: https://www.gog.com/game/dragon_age_origins

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 3 (525 Views)