Re: Dragon Age Awakening: Skill, Spell, Specialization Bug

by ampolros

Original Post

Dragon Age Awakening: Skill, Spell, Specialization Bug

★★★ Newbie

I am not sure if all these bugs are related, though I assume they are. Below is an ordered list of all the bugs (and these bugs are present in all the DLC as well)

1) Even though I unlocked the Awakening Specializations, I can't select them. So for example my Warrior has 1 point open to spend on a specialization, and while I can choose the Reaper Specialization or Champion Specialization (she is already a Templar and Berzerker), I can't choose to make her a Guardian or Spirit Warrior even though I unlocked those specializations.

2) I can't see any of the new Awakening skills on my character, specifically Clarity, Runecasting, and Vitality

3) All of the spells Oghren had in Origins were removed from his character in Awakening, and upon leveling him I can only select a single spell. So now he is a level 24 Warrior with one single spell.

4) All my other companions started with zero spells. When I leveled them, they were only given 1 spell point. So now for example my level 24 Anders only knows one spell, Heal. This has made all the DLC incredibly difficult as all the companions now start with no spells or skills and only gain one spell point per new levelup.

5) My companions skill page is completely blank. They still gain skill points but I can't see any skills on the page for me to spend those skill points on. This also means that I can't choose any spells for my Warriors and Rogues because they don't have access to the Combat Training skill. Oghren however must have Combat Training 1 since he can learn the 1st level of the Warrior spells but he can't learn the level 2-4 spells.

Message 1 of 3 (1,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

my friend you want instrunctions! Standard smile

For question 1 :

You can only gain 2 specializations on level 7 and 14. And you need to unlock the first.

For other questions it seems that the game is corrupted. Try to reinstall it and patch it with v1.05 , you should be fine. Wink

The problem is in your game installation and not in the actual game! Standard smile

For further instructions feel free to ask me! 

Message 2 of 3 (1,522 Views)

★★ Novice

You are mistaken.  This didn't solve anything.

Message 3 of 3 (688 Views)