Re: Dragon Age: Awakening; Silverite mines bug

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age: Awakening; Silverite mines bug

★★ Newbie

I was playing the PC version of Dragon Age: Awakening and when I got captured in the silverite mines, My hero was wearing nothing but his skinny clothes. Now I thought nothing of this until I got to the drakes, when I couldnt find my hero's items anywhere, I looked up the wiki on this to find;

There is a bug where equipment, armor and/or weapons the Warden-Commander was wearing are unrecoverable after waking up in the Holding Cells. You will know the bug has occurred if the main character is naked instead of clothed like the others and only three Experimental Subjects spawn. It is advisable to save before entering the mines in case this does happen, as the only way to fix it is to reload the save and try again, or take off all equipment before entering. If you do that, you can then retrieve your gear from the chest beside Armaas. In some cases you will retain all items in your inventory, and only lose equipped items. Taking all items off each character has caused all inventory items to be lost in some cases. This bug has not been fixed on the PC version and still persists with the latest update 1.04. There is an unofficial fix for this issue.

now, I'm not too keen on unofficial fixes, so, can you get a real fix out there please, it's been quite a while since there have been any updates to my knowledge, and its bad when you come across a known bug that hasn't been dealt with.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (17,411 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It's been almost three years since Awakenings release.  It's been been over two-and-a-half years since the last game-play updates were made in patch 1.04.  It's been almost three months since BioWare announced no more DLC for DA2 as they turn their full attention to DA3.

TerraEx's "Awakenings Silverite Mines Bugfix": https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1762, (or other unofficial fix) is really your only option.

[EDIT:  Updated link to reflect change to Nexus Mods urls.  Thx @Fred_vdp!]

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (18,398 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It's been almost three years since Awakenings release.  It's been been over two-and-a-half years since the last game-play updates were made in patch 1.04.  It's been almost three months since BioWare announced no more DLC for DA2 as they turn their full attention to DA3.

TerraEx's "Awakenings Silverite Mines Bugfix": https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1762, (or other unofficial fix) is really your only option.

[EDIT:  Updated link to reflect change to Nexus Mods urls.  Thx @Fred_vdp!]

Message 2 of 9 (18,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

lost like 2 hours of gameplay to this bug. i hate it.

Message 3 of 9 (12,967 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@m0135te12;  See my post from FOUR years ago, immediately before yours. That mod REALLY IS YOUR ONLY FIX.

Message 4 of 9 (12,954 Views)

★ Novice

tried it repeatedly. DOES NOT WORK

Message 5 of 9 (9,224 Views)

Hero

It looks like Nexus Mods changed their permalink structure and doesn't redirect to the new URLs.

Here's the updated link: https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1762

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 9 (9,191 Views)

★★ Novice

most things dont work with 1.05 and the ultimate

and note that MOD only helps if you have a save before the bug

just really

ugh

Message 7 of 9 (6,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have just recently replay this game and encounter such issue, lost 3 hours of gameplay...how can they not fix a such serious issue..

Message 8 of 9 (5,208 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Awakening, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (5,139 Views)