Download Server Not Responding with Dragon Age: Origins

by Gellaquin

Original Post

Re: THE NETWORK IS HAVING PROBLEMS?

★★★★ Novice
Got a different error message this time.
Progress?
Still doesn't work...but it changed.
Message 51 of 72 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, it seems to be some accounts.

Because Dragon Age Origins was part of the On the House a while ago, used a family member's account that has normal version that was giving me issues as well as my Ultimate Edition. So I used that account and suddenly it's downloading now. It's not Ultimate but I figured I can download the Ultimate extras once I get the base game installed.

I'll report back if this works.

Message 52 of 72 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Well the second account did fix my download issue. So if you know someone who has the base game from the On the House promo who will let you log in to account to download DAO, you can get your game back. But then it won't update now. So it won't run.

So that shows it's an account issue just downloading but I spoke with so many "techs" they refused to take care of it. Bad support even from a clown that obviously avoided work.

Here's how one ended with MayankSi who should be fired:

MayankSi
May I know that which window you have in your PC?

you

MayankSi
Are you there?

you
yes

MayankSi
It seems that you are far away from your keyboard. In that case I am disconnecting the chat from my end. Feel free to contact us again. I wish you have a nice day ahead.

Message 53 of 72 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well its been 5 days, a standard work week, since the issue popped up and still no fixes or updates. Now instead of a download server error, it just prepares download for a long time and an error message pops up that says "Download Error;  We're sorry, Origin has tried more than once to download your game but was unable to. Please re-launch Origin and try again." This of on the both the stable and beta version of the Origin client

I guess its progress on the issue but people are still unable to download the game, will it be another week before we are actually able to download the game.

I have been playing my GOG copy of the game but still want to see how EA will resolve this issue, if they do. Great Game Guarantee of standing by your games EA

Message 54 of 72 (1,106 Views)

★★★ Novice

@JCMuki wrote:

Now instead of a download server error, it just prepares download for a long time and an error message pops up that says "Download Error;  We're sorry, Origin has tried more than once to download your game but was unable to. Please re-launch Origin and try again."

Getting the same new message about "Download Error" when I tried to download today, after it thought about it for awhile.

So, they haven't fixed the problem, just changed the problem.  Oh joy.

Message 55 of 72 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've  got the same new download error... This is beyond ridiculous... EA Support is *.... I don't so much mind that I can't download this game... What I do mind is the level and quality of the 'help' they've been providing...  I still hope the problem is resolved but with how they've been handling it I doubt it.

Message 56 of 72 (1,074 Views)

EA Staff

Hello all,

We have made some progress with the issue and some changes have been made, could you please exit Origin completely and try again?

If you are still seeing the issue, could you please run Origin Error Report and post the ID here.

Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Message 57 of 72 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Novice

I exited Origin completely, restarted, and tried to download again.
Still getting the "Download Error" message.

My error report ID# is 

0a9f8387700358da

I hope this helps to find what is wrong with your server.

Message 58 of 72 (1,059 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi wrote:

Hello all,

We have made some progress with the issue and some changes have been made, could you please exit Origin completely and try again?

If you are still seeing the issue, could you please run Origin Error Report and post the ID here.

Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Still refuses to download, Error report ID: 0a9f85f6700358e4. The Steam version of Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition downloads fine but why the Origin version of it doesn't is beyond me.

I'm not going to mess with this anymore for the time being, will be busy playing ESO on PS4

Message 59 of 72 (1,051 Views)

★★ Novice

Now the zip file in http://lvlt.cdn.ea.com/eamaster/s/shift/dragon_age/dragon_age_origins/fg__ww_rtp/dragon_age_originsp...
is present on EA server.

I use the Beta client and the download start but in http download normal mode there are random disconnections.
Try now the https download safe mode and at the moment i am at 25%.

Message 60 of 72 (1,048 Views)