Download Server Not Responding with Dragon Age: Origins

by Gellaquin

Original Post

Re: Download Server Not Responding with Dragon Age: Origins

★★★★ Novice

I'm adding my two cents here because it's somewhat gratifying to finally realize it's not just my computer.

• I've deleted my cache twice.
  • Tried repairing the games that did work from Origin three times (not like that was going to help me with a game that isn't even present).
  • ran my computer in safe mode with networking to try that.
  • Contacted customer service, who merely forwarded me an FAQ of "solutions" that did nothing and has since refused to respond to my follow-up requests for help.

I'm not going to demand a fix in the next minute. Computers are hard. I get that. But a lack of official acknowledgment of this issue is a bit irritating, especially since I've done literally all I can do on my end.

Message 41 of 72 (846 Views)

Re: Download Server Not Responding with Dragon Age: Origins

★★★★★ Novice

@HylianDeku wrote:

I'm adding my two cents here because it's somewhat gratifying to finally realize it's not just my computer.

• I've deleted my cache twice.
  • Tried repairing the games that did work from Origin three times (not like that was going to help me with a game that isn't even present).
  • ran my computer in safe mode with networking to try that.
  • Contacted customer service, who merely forwarded me an FAQ of "solutions" that did nothing and has since refused to respond to my follow-up requests for help.

I'm not going to demand a fix in the next minute. Computers are hard. I get that. But a lack of official acknowledgment of this issue is a bit irritating, especially since I've done literally all I can do on my end.

I've done a lot of that myself, I was even told to create a new admin account which I knew would solve nothing and was told to try Revo Uninstaller which again didn't help since I couldn't download it through Origin to begin with so there wouldn't be any left over registry keys to begin with also since I installed the Steam version to the default location Origin is no longer picking it up as installed when it was before I had it installed on my secondary library which is where I also install Origin games (same hard drive different folders).

A lot of workarounds that solved nothing because the issue is with their download server not our PCs or connections.  Terrible customer support.

Message 42 of 72 (838 Views)

Re: THE NETWORK IS HAVING PROBLEMS?

★★★ Newbie

sorry to say but ive had the same problem and all the things they say to try to fix it DONT WORK cuzz it is EA server problem  

Message 43 of 72 (834 Views)

EA Staff

Hi all, 

We are aware that some of you guys are having a network problem when trying to download Dragon age Origins. We are currently investigating this issue and will let you know as soon as we have any info on it.  

Like @Straatford87 said in some accounts the problem could be related to the game entitlement and only EA support will be able to help. 

Thank you for understanding. 

Nuno
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.
I do not reply to private messages, our intent is to make every post help as many players as possible.

Message 44 of 72 (787 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Too bad customer service hasn't done anything to actually confirm that or not.
He emailed me a billeted list of "solutions" and then ended the chat.
Message 45 of 72 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Nuno wrote:

Hi all, 

We are aware that some of you guys are having a network problem when trying to download Dragon age Origins. We are currently investigating this issue and will let you know as soon as we have any info on it.  

Like @Straatford87 said in some accounts the problem could be related to the game entitlement and only EA support will be able to help. 

Thank you for understanding. 

Nuno
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
AHQ is a player-to-player support Community. Please Grant XP if a post was helpful, and select Accept as Solution when a post resolved your issue.
I do not reply to private messages, our intent is to make every post help as many players as possible.

Except it being a game entitlement issue is wrong, that is not what is wrong, those who are affected can't download the game from the download server.

The Adviser(s) (I had two of them since one ended the chat due to me actually doing what I was told to try, make a new admin account which did absolutely nothing) that "tried" to help me could not resolve the issue and only came up with worthless workarounds that will never resolve the issue when it is with the download server.

Message 46 of 72 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Diamond0241 wrote:

Except it being a game entitlement issue is wrong, that is not what is wrong, those who are affected can't download the game from the download server.

The Adviser(s) (I had two of them since one ended the chat due to me actually doing what I was told to try, make a new admin account which did absolutely nothing) that "tried" to help me could not resolve the issue and only came up with worthless workarounds that will never resolve the issue when it is with the download server.

Exactly, if it were a game entitlement issue, people shouldn't be able to see the game in their game library, also there has been no response on why only Dragon Age Origins is affected but not other games

And if the issue is never resolved what will happen to people who have bought the game?

Message 47 of 72 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@JCMuki wrote:

@Diamond0241 wrote:

Exactly, if it were a game entitlement issue, people shouldn't be able to see the game in their game library, also there has been no response on why only Dragon Age Origins is affected but not other games

And if the issue is never resolve what will have to people who have bought the game.

I just tried downloading the Ultimate Edition and it still gives an error and the Advisers actually said to wait until Tuesday (which is today) and the issue still isn't resolved.

Incompetent customer support.

Message 48 of 72 (765 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did EVERYTHING EA Help told me during three DIFFERENT chat helps. Told them to check the entitlement, they took away the game, gave me back the game, gave me two of the game, then back to one of the game. I'm pretty sure my entitlement is checked. The issue is NOT on our end. It is YOUR server.  Please fix this.

Message 49 of 72 (756 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Now they are blaming our ISP but they refuse to acknowledge this is a wide spread issue.

Message 50 of 72 (726 Views)