Download Server Not Responding with Dragon Age: Origins

by Gellaquin

Original Post

Re: THE NETWORK IS HAVING PROBLEMS?

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 wrote:

@Wombat4299 @Diamond0241

Are you still having trouble with your download? What is the exact error message that you're seeing now?

It's the same error I posted before with a screenshot, Origin keeps getting: The Network is having problems. The download server is not responding.

2nd screenshot included.

This only affects Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition and this seems to have all started (for me anyways) after I used the product code and DLC cd-key from my Steam copy of Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition which both worked but now unless I download it through Steam, Origin gets that error and still does, I've even tried uninstalling the Steam version or not have Steam running but neither helped at all.  Due note it gives the error when it prepares to download the game, the EULA etc that normally comes up doesn't have a chance to.

Every other game I own on Origin downloads fine as the first screenshot shows I was downloading Command & Conquer™ 4 Tiberian Twilight just fine.

Message 10 of 72 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is also happening for me, also with Dragon Age Origins.  Getting the "Network Is Having Problems" message when I try to download all morning.

Message 11 of 72 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Diamond0241 @ammmck

I checked both your accounts and I think that I've found the reason why you aren't able to download the game. However, a Game Advisor will have to resolve this for you - please reach out to them, here:

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Please ask them to check your entitlements and they will pick it up from there.

Message 12 of 72 (1,120 Views)

Re: Trying to download a game but "The Network is having problems"

★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. I tried Downloading Dragon Age Origins last night and got that error message then again today.  I'm not having issues with any other games. Sims 4 download just fine. As did Dragon Age 2.

Message 13 of 72 (1,132 Views)

The Network is Having Problems

★★★ Novice

Hi!  So I am finding it impossible to download Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. I keep getting the error Message "The Network is Having Problems" 

I'm not sure what to do... I have had no issues downloading any other games.

Message 14 of 72 (1,124 Views)

Re: The Network is Having Problems

★★★★ Guide

i installed the game with no issues :/

Message 15 of 72 (1,118 Views)

Re: The Network is Having Problems

★★★ Novice

I've tried it again with no luck... Frown

Message 16 of 72 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been going around with the Origin help folks for a few hours and they can't fix the problem.  What should they do after verifying the entitlements?

Message 17 of 72 (1,096 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@ammmck wrote:

I've been going around with the Origin help folks for a few hours and they can't fix the problem.  What should they do after verifying the entitlements?

They couldn't fix the problem for me either, I pretty much have to wait until Tuesday for the so called network error to hopefully fix itself when it isn't a problem on my end at all.

Message 18 of 72 (1,093 Views)

Re: Trying to download a game but "The Network is having problems"

★ Apprentice

Having the same problem with Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition, Dragon Age II download perfectly fine. Doubt its a coincidence that people are having problems downloading Dragon Age Origins.

Download server must be having problems

Message 20 of 72 (1,101 Views)