DLCs neither Installed nor Available in game

by StrAdmiral

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DLCs neither Installed nor Available in game

★★★★ Novice

Purchased Dragon Age: Origins and the bundle "Dragon Age: Origins DLC Bundle" the other week and got around to installing it yesterday. The base game installed fine, but after that everything ended with an error telling me to check my connection. And that was after it went through all the motions of downloading all the files for each addin. (Which all seem to be there, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\addins\ .)

I've spent hours searching for ways to fix my problems but the solutions I've found either don't work or don't apply. (By the by, Origin, you mind telling people that they need the Phys-X driver for this game even when they don't have a NVidia graphics card? 'Cause that was s$$$ to figure out.) I've tried "repair" through the origin client and while I received no errors regarding the DLCs the second time around, the state of the Downloadable Content window within DA:O has not changed. Still empty.

So now, here I am, with a working base game but no DLCs. According to the origin client, all of the DLCs are unlocked but with no button to let me try to download them again and reinstall them. DA:O itself though, under 'Installed Content" tab has nothing listed--not in 'available content' nor 'enabled'.

So, I have to ask. What gives? And what stones have I not managed to turn over? Any and all help will be appreciated.

Side note: Origin client did *not* leave me with any *.dazip files, so I can't use the daupdater.exe program. (Something recommended on other forums.)  Attached, I've got a screen shot of my Origin client showing the information panel about my instance of DA:O.

Rough summary of specs:

Windows 10, up to date

Radeon Pro

40GB RAM

Intel i7

Message 1 of 2 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DLCs neither Installed nor Available in game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Solution found, thanks to EA tech support. Standard smile

Updated to add:

I don't know if this actually assisted me with my problem but for completeness' sake I should probably add this. Before doing the steps below, my EA support guy had me clear the Origin client cache, uninstall Origin, and then reinstall it. Next:

He had me download the installer for Dragon Age: Origins from this page:

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/

An installer appeared for Adobe AIR, which I want ahead and installed.

The game wouldn't start then, so I repaired it through the Origin client.

And then the game started, and ALL my downloadable content was there, happily enabled in game. Standard smile

Huzzah!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (460 Views)

All Replies

Re: DLCs neither Installed nor Available in game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Solution found, thanks to EA tech support. Standard smile

Updated to add:

I don't know if this actually assisted me with my problem but for completeness' sake I should probably add this. Before doing the steps below, my EA support guy had me clear the Origin client cache, uninstall Origin, and then reinstall it. Next:

He had me download the installer for Dragon Age: Origins from this page:

https://help.ea.com/en-ca/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/

An installer appeared for Adobe AIR, which I want ahead and installed.

The game wouldn't start then, so I repaired it through the Origin client.

And then the game started, and ALL my downloadable content was there, happily enabled in game. Standard smile

Huzzah!

Message 2 of 2 (461 Views)