Re: DLC for DAO Ultimate Edition showing in Origin but not ingame

by cosades27

Original Post

DLC for DAO Ultimate Edition showing in Origin but not ingame

★★★★ Novice

Hi all,

I have the Origin version of Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and it says I have all the DLC activated such as Wardens Keep and Return to Ostagar and the awakening campaign. However, when I play the game they are not listed, any reason why this would be so?

I have tried uninstalling the game and re-installing it from the CD but that isn't for the Ultimate edition so didn't include Awakening. I have got Awakening on its own CD. However, I have the folders for the DLC in my Program Files (x86) -> Dragon Age -> Add-ins folder, so does that mean when I play from the CD they should be available?

Message 1 of 5 (505 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @cosades27

Are you able to download the DLCs from Origin itself? Wondering If you added the DLCs to your account, you should be able to see them all in the Extra Content tab below Play button.

Screenshot_2.png

Make sure that they're marked as Installed. If they are, try to use Repair option as well and clear Origin cache.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am trying to do a Clear Origin Cache.

The instructions say to delete all files and folders in the Origin folder except the Local Content folder. However, there is one file I am unable to delete, this is the OriginWebHelperService_Log file. It says I cannot delete this file as it is in use by Origin Web Helper Service. Is it important to delete this file to do a clear Origin Cache?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5 (441 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@cosades27 Probably not. But you can use Task Manager to end the task OriginWebHelperService, and then you should be able to delete it.
Message 4 of 5 (433 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have done another Origin Clear Cache where I was able to delete that file, then did a repair game after I had logged back onto my PC. However this has not solved my issue, as the DLC and Awakening expansion are showing up in Origin as installed but not showing up in game.

Message 5 of 5 (414 Views)