Re: DLC bought via origin is not picking up the base game, not bought via origin

by RennDarkling

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DLC bought via origin is not picking up the base game, not bought via origin

★★★★ Novice

Feeling nostalgic, I recently decided to reinstall, via discs, a rather old game onto my laptop that I haven't played in a while (Dragon Age: Origins).

I then proceeded to purchase a DLC for the game (Dragon Age: Awakening), but as Origin is not picking up the fact that I do indeed have Origins installed on my laptop, it isn't letting me play Awakening, or even showing it in my Game Library, though when I go to Awakening in the store, it says I do own the content.

Any ideas on how to get the DLC (installed via Origin) to link with the base game (installed via disc, and is not being picked up by Origin.)? 

Message 1 of 5 (622 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DLC bought via origin is not picking up the base game, not bought via origin

Hero (Retired)
@RennDarkling The solution at this point is to redeem that registration code on the same account that you purchased Awakenings on. Just click the Origin menu in the top left of the client, then Redeem Product Code and proceed, and you will be able to see it in your game library. After that you'll have to tell Origin to download the game, but point it to install in the same folder where you installed to from the discs. That will save some download time, as it won't have to redownload the files that are already there, and only update the rest to the most current versions.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (559 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @RennDarkling

Just to be sure - can you see Dragon Age Origins (base game) in your game library? Wondering You mentioned that it's a disc based installation, but do you also have a registration code for it and if yes, do you remember if it was ever redeemed on any EA account?

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (578 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The game does not appear in my origin game library. It did not install via origin at all.

Its an older version of the game, so I am assuming perhaps that is why?

Origin does not seem to be detecting the presence of the base game on my laptop at all.

And there is indeed a registration code, but it has never been redeemed on an EA account.

Message 3 of 5 (570 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@RennDarkling The solution at this point is to redeem that registration code on the same account that you purchased Awakenings on. Just click the Origin menu in the top left of the client, then Redeem Product Code and proceed, and you will be able to see it in your game library. After that you'll have to tell Origin to download the game, but point it to install in the same folder where you installed to from the discs. That will save some download time, as it won't have to redownload the files that are already there, and only update the rest to the most current versions.
Message 4 of 5 (560 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks! I tried it an it works! 

Message 5 of 5 (536 Views)