DAO DLC not showing up, any ideas on what to try next?

by Hannarocker12

Original Post

DAO DLC not showing up, any ideas on what to try next?

★★★ Novice

My DAO dlc is not showing up in game. I have Ultimate Edition. 

Some things to note;

- I have reinstalled multiple times. Deleted all trace of old installs etc. Tried both on steam and origin.

- Tried using the daupdater.exe to execute files from https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Downloadable_content_(Origins) The offer files will install, but the downloadable content packages do not download. I get an "error" message "30/03/2019 15:58 - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Information - Updating AddIns.xml
30/03/2019 15:58 - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Error - Couldn't update XML file, error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DAUpdater.Engine.Content.ContentInstaller.UpdateAddInsXml(String UID, XmlNode newAddInItem)
at DAUpdater.Engine.Content.ContentInstaller.InstallContent(InstallInfo installInfo, Boolean bDeleteAfterInstall)
30/03/2019 15:58 - Engine.Content.ContentInstaller, Error - Install failed!"

This happens even when trying to install from their correct directories. 

- Levi shows up in camp but when I press the conversation option to download the DLC it does not work. The screen just loads forever.

- the downloadable content page is blank.

- Dao is running in compatibility mode for Win 7 but my system is Win 10.

- All DLC is showing up as installed on origins. 

- When i contacted EA they tried to help by giving me a new copy of DA ultimate and deleting my origin cache and reinstalling everything. Did not work.

- I have tried to set the content updater to automatic but it just tells me "Windows cannot start the Dragon Age Origins Content Updater Service on local computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified". The executable is to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition\bin_ship\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe" and I cannot change this. I do not have DA installed on steam, so this filepath does not exist. I think this is the rot of the problem. 

Any suggestions?Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (2).pngScreenshot (4).png

Message 1 of 1 (439 Views)