DA: Origins DLC Feastday Pranks and Gifts keep trying to download and fail.

by Grawbad

Original Post

DA: Origins DLC Feastday Pranks and Gifts keep trying to download and fail.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Every single time Origin starts up it tries to download Feastday Gifts and Feastday Pranks for Dragon Age: Origins. Every single time it fails.  So every time I log into Origin I get a message saying Feastday Gifts download failed and Feastday Pranks download Failed. 

I have them installed.  I can see that they are installed in the game.

Origin should not be trying to download them again.  I suspect they are failing because they are already installed by Origin. 

I also suspect the reason its trying to install it again is because there are 3 sets of Feastday Pranks and Feastday Gifts in the games details section of Origin. 

If I right click Dragon Age: Origins and select "View Game Details", then scroll down to the "Add-ons and Bonuses" sections, there I will find 2 identical Feastday Pranks and 2 Identical Feastday Gifts.  On top of those, also listed is the Feastday Combo pack. 

I am thinking maybe Origin is trying to install both, and the second ones are failing because they are already installed and Origin just keeps trying again when it starts up. 

I realize I can turn off auto updates, but I really don't want to have to do that if I don't have to.  Is there a fix for this?  

I did a search and people were having this issue way back in 2013, and maybe earlier, but I didn't look further back.  From what I could find, there seemed to be no fix for this.  

The game and Origin are up to date, my computer is up to date in every aspect, but to be honest, I don't believe this is my end as mentioned above.  

I took a screenshot showing the duplicates in the game details page and included it here.  I suppose it is the problem but I don't know. 

EDIT: After posting mine, I saw another thread with the same issue: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-Age-Origins-Ultimate-Edition-problem-with-duplica...

The difference being, he only has one duplicated. 

It has me thinking differently about the problem. 

I owned the game on Origin already due to it being an "On the House" game. 

Recently I subscribed to Origin Access and the game converted over the the Ultimate Edition in my Library, without any prompting from me. 

I wonder if that is when, for some reason, Origin slid a second version of each into its download Q? 

Message 1 of 12 (5,964 Views)

Re: DA: Origins DLC Feastday Pranks and Gifts keep trying to download and fail.

Community Manager

@Grawbad I think you're heading in the right direction with your theory about the multiple copies. 

The first thing I'd try would be clearing the Origin cache, it might stop the "failed" downloads from being constantly retried

https://help.ea.com/en/article/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

The steps are for a different issue, but are useful when Origin is acting "weird". 

Thanks, please let us know how you get on. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (5,862 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems like that worked.  Thanks for the help. 

Message 3 of 12 (5,847 Views)

★ Apprentice

Well, it popped back up.  At a loss here.  

I guess its not like it is stopping me from playing games or anything like that, its just annoying. lol

Hopefully this issue will be escalated and Origin can be patched to remove its own doubled up add ons. 

Message 4 of 12 (5,841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can confirm I have exactly the same problem. It did not start happening until I joined EA Access and got the Ultimate Edition through there.

Message 5 of 12 (5,714 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried clearing cache but did not help. Everytime I open Origins, it says 'validating feastday gifts' and "validating feastday pranks" and then says download error

Message 6 of 12 (5,461 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

These options don't work. Paid for DragonAge Origins a long while ago, doing a playthrough again now and decided to subscribe to Access. Now I get errors for the Feast DLC, no matter what I do to fix it.

Message 7 of 12 (5,145 Views)

★ Novice

Can anyone tell us if there was a 'fix' for this? I have the exact same issue. I had the basic Dragon Age: Origins, but none of the addon content. Once I became an access member and updated the game from the vault, the constant downloads started happening. It doesn't seem like the others is a big bother besides them continuously showing a 'failed to download' window, but mine is really hogging up my processing power and causing my web pages to creep along while they are continuously attempting to download. 

A fix from EA/Origin would be wonderful. Could you please look into this?

Regards,

Tommy G

Message 8 of 12 (4,652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I had the same issue and was able to get it resolved. 

1. Close Origin, open up Task Manager and close all Origin programs that are running, including OriginWebHelperService
2. Press Win+R, type in %programdata%, and click OK. 
3. Click Origin. 
4. Select every file and folder EXCEPT FOR "LOCAL". 
5. Delete those files and folders. 
6. Launch Origin. When it opens up, it will go through and check all the installed games and update if necessary, so that may take some time. 

I did that a week ago and haven't had an issue yet. 

Message 9 of 12 (4,642 Views)

★★ Novice

@triplejav13 wrote:

I had the same issue and was able to get it resolved. 

1. Close Origin, open up Task Manager and close all Origin programs that are running, including OriginWebHelperService
2. Press Win+R, type in %programdata%, and click OK. 
3. Click Origin. 
4. Select every file and folder EXCEPT FOR "LOCAL". 
5. Delete those files and folders. 
6. Launch Origin. When it opens up, it will go through and check all the installed games and update if necessary, so that may take some time. 

I did that a week ago and haven't had an issue yet. 

Just tried this, I had to re-download all of my owned DLC's and somehow lost around ~200 origin points. Do NOT try this method.

Message 10 of 12 (4,125 Views)