DA:O invalid license reason code missing dll:[nxcharacter.dll] error: 0x7e.

by Lonemagi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:O invalid license reason code missing dll:[nxcharacter.dll] error: 0x7e.

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this keep popping up and don't know what to do. They keep talking about Nvidia Physx but I don't have Nivida

I have an amd fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor

amd fx(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor

64-bit Windows 10

12GB RAM

AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (Primary)

Message 1 of 11 (11,033 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:O invalid license reason code missing dll:[nxcharacter.dll] error: 0x7e.

EA Staff

Hello @Lonemagi,

Downloading and installing the PhysX software should still help with this issue even if you are using an AMD card.

Latest PhysX should be on the following page: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.17.0329-driver.html

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (14,723 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Hello @Lonemagi,

Downloading and installing the PhysX software should still help with this issue even if you are using an AMD card.

Latest PhysX should be on the following page: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.17.0329-driver.html

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 2 of 11 (14,724 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You are right I just went ahead and downloaded it and somehow it works now.

Message 3 of 11 (11,004 Views)

EA Staff

Super glad to hear that @Lonemagi. :eahigh_file:

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any questions, issues or advice for other players.

- Kristi

Message 4 of 11 (10,995 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You solved my problem... Thank you so much! You deserve a raise! :D

Message 5 of 11 (10,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I fixed this in a differant way. still involves Physx. .I had Dragonage origins disk installed and was updated to Dragonage Origins Ultimate when i installed the origin access software. Then i would get this error message. So i checked windows 10 pro was up to date,Intel graghics drivers where current and still got error message. So i reinstalled DA: Origins from disk and noticed Physx was extracted on install.And it worked for Regular DA: Origins I then in Choose Repair for origin access DA: Origin Ultimate in access and now everything works

Message 6 of 11 (10,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello there! I've had this exact same issue for a little while now but found no solutions. I've tried the solutions provided in other thread but to no prevail. When I try to download the latest PhysX it just says that I've already got a later version installed. 

The error occurred just over a night and I also use Windows 10. 

Any help is appreciated! Wondering

Message 7 of 11 (10,378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

With the latest version installed try uninstalling and reinstalling your game, if you get the error again try downloading the PhysX http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.17.0524-driver.html ... I did that and now mine works

Message 8 of 11 (10,253 Views)

★★★ Novice

THANK YOU!!! If I could, I would kiss you. I'm not ashamed to admit, I legitimately cried when this game stopped working. and even though ive now lost all my saved games by doing way more complicated things to try and fix this, I couldn't be happier right now when the game actually loaded again. clean slate is never bad in dragon age.

Message 9 of 11 (10,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Shut up! I can't believe this worked!!!! Seemed like a hoax, since I spent money on an anti malware program and then the tech wanted to charge me $200 US to "fix" my problem. Thanks a bunch!

Opie.jpg

Whoo hoo!!

Message 10 of 11 (8,739 Views)