DA:O Xbox 360 DLC is corrupt.

by Jecht342

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DA:O Xbox 360 DLC is corrupt.

★ Novice

I just tried to play DA:O on my Xbox 360 and it told me that the majority of my DLC was corrupt and unplayable.  Here's the list:  The Stone Prisoner, Return to Ostagar, Blood Dragon Armor, Feastday Combo Pack, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, The Darkspawn Chronicles, and Warden's Keep. It tells me to re-download it and try again.  My 360 was not in a position where I could get the internet, but I moved it and deleted all of the DLC and redownloaded all of it.  Then I brought it back to the room where I do my gaming (and where I can't get a strong signal to stay online) and I tried to play it.  I got the same error message.  I did find one post about this on the BioWare Social Network suggesting that I had to stay online to use the DLC, and I'm wondering if that's true and if there is any solution to this. 

Message 1 of 4 (1,611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DA:O Xbox 360 DLC is corrupt.

★★★ Newbie

I found the answer elsewhere and hopefully you have too. If not, then maybe this will help someone else who finds this post.

Clear the system cache. Reboot the system. You may have to reconnect to your wifi. Then when you attempt to play the game, it'll give you a fresh game update. Tada...your DLC should now work correctly.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,498 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

DA:Awakenings just killed my 360 hard drive out of nowhere- it tried to access the downloadable only portion of the game- Return to Ostagar, I think- and it first said my CD was dirty, then rebooted. When I checked the CD post reboot, it was pristine. Then I tried again, it said I was trying to access a portion of the game I hadn't downloaded yet- completely untrue as I wouldn't even be in this part of the game if I hadn't downloaded it or had it on my hard drive, and then it gave me an e68 error- hard drive was fried.  I think there's something up with the DLC/CD portion of this game for xbox 360.

Message 2 of 4 (1,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found the answer elsewhere and hopefully you have too. If not, then maybe this will help someone else who finds this post.

Clear the system cache. Reboot the system. You may have to reconnect to your wifi. Then when you attempt to play the game, it'll give you a fresh game update. Tada...your DLC should now work correctly.

Message 3 of 4 (1,499 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

4 years later and it did Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (1,098 Views)