Re: DA:O Ultimate Ed on Steam missing DLC

by Kenny32673

Original Post

DA:O Ultimate Ed on Steam missing DLC

★★★ Novice

Hello all!  I have recently purchased DA:O Ultimate Ed. on Steam, and have run into a missing dlc issue.  I have transferred old saves from an older version of the game I own (a hard copy of DA:O and Awakening, and downloads of all the other available dlc packs) in order to play them on my new computer and when I try to load a saved game, it tells me I am missing a whole bunch of content (not the quests but item dlc) and it cannot load the game because of this.  Is there some way to download content I've purchased before, even though this is a digital Steam version?  The old Bioware forums and all that are gone so I can't even go that route like I used to do.  I have tried reinstalling, enabling the updater, and making DA:O an exception with my antivirus program.  I've attached a dxdiag, too, in case it's a tech problem.  Any help would be great!

Message 1 of 4 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@FireKali; Have you:

a. Tried downloading the missing DLC from the "Extra Content" screen within the game's title page on EA/Origin

--or--

b. Tried downloading and installing the missing DLC from this site: Download DLC for Classic Origin Games

Message 2 of 4 (682 Views)

★★★ Novice

As I purchased/downloaded the game from Steam I don't have that "extra content" option.  I see none of the dlc items I'm missing listed on the in-game dlc list (where they used to be listed).  The other list of content you suggested was all for quests.  I'm missing items (and I used to be able to download those items through the old bioware site, so there should be another way somewhere...)

Thanks for the idea, though.  Frown

Message 3 of 4 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm going to take a guess that you are talking about the promo DLC items such as Memory Band, Feral Wolf Charm & Guildmaster's Belt etc.

The simplest way would be to redeem your DA:O Ultimate key on Origin and download from there, where you will also find the Extra Content menu previously mentioned and easily obtain the item DLCs you are currently missing.

However, if you prefer to only use Steam then it is possible to manually download and install them. Instructions on how to download and install them on the Steam version are in this post I made on the Steam forums a few years ago. Note that all links I provide on that post are the download links that were previously on your User Entitlements Page on the now defunct BSN.

This is the post on the Steam forums

@EA_David  or @Straatford87

I did mention this before but I don't know if it got noticed at all. Is it not possible to get the Promotional Pack DLC for both DA:O and DAII added to the Classic DLC page that EA provide for non-Origin users?

Message 4 of 4 (458 Views)