DA:O Invalid license. Reason code=Missing DLL:{NxCharacter.dll} Error: 0x7E.

by lianglonglong

Original Post

Re: DA:O Invalid license. Reason code=Missing DLL:{NxCharacter.dll} Error: 0x7E

★★★★ Novice

I guess EA doesn't care about customer service.

Message 81 of 143 (4,471 Views)

On a 7 year old game??  Really, they don't care enough to fix it as it is easily fixable by the link in the solution section of this thread.  I doubt ANY software company would go back to a SEVEN YEAR OLD GAME and change it for this reason.  Heck, I don't know how may games sold over on steam of similar age don't work without extensive work and even modding to make it work.  This game works pretty much as intended, especially if you consider how may OP systems have come out since release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 82 of 143 (4,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Seven year old game is nothing. There are games far older that are still supported. This is ONE FILE. ONE! Get real. A customer is a customer is a customer. If you don't wanna support it, stop selling it.

Message 83 of 143 (4,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie
hi i have an AMD RX 580 with same issue how do i fix this ?
Message 84 of 143 (4,408 Views)

Message 85 of 143 (4,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THANK YOU!! my computer was sent to get repaired and they wiped everything clean. now i have to restart my dwarf run Sick

Message 86 of 143 (4,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Like someone said, it was the first link if you search for nvidia PhysX. The nvidia description even says something like fixes old games. Worked for me - thank you!
Message 87 of 143 (4,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Old topic, but still relevant, apparently. I had same error and the culprit was really physX. I installed few old games after I installed DA:O and someone of those games silently installed old physX (9.12). I simply downloaded latest version from nvidia and installed. Everything works now.
https://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_system_software.html

Message 88 of 143 (3,752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot, a did what you commanded and it worked!

Message 89 of 143 (3,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Your link worked for me.   After dealing with 3 reps from origin, the 4th rep directed me to your link

Message 90 of 143 (3,551 Views)