me too

Message 11 of 143 (82,996 Views)

Re: DA:O Invalid license. Reason code=Missing DLL:{NxCharacter.dll} Error: 0x7E

★ Guide
Message 12 of 143 (82,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You can download it from nvidia here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/9.14.0702/PhysX...

If that link eventually expires, google nvidia PhysX download, it'll likely be the top result.

Although this problem is fixable, it's still inexcusable that as customers we have to work out the problems ourselves, although I understand it's impossible to know every single bug, when discovered EA should have fixed this problem.

Edit:

It seams that although installing the above fixes it, it only works when launching through origin. If you launch it through steam as a non-steam game, it gets the same error (at least it does for me). It's not a major issue, but being able to have games all in one place would be nice.

Message 13 of 143 (82,834 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried this still no fix. This is the fix that EA told me any other options?

Message 14 of 143 (82,652 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been having same error message but I looked in the C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer\physx\redist folder and there is no physx install file there or is there one on my laptop and the game plays on it. I was wanting to play the game on my desktop but the copy method to my desktop gives the the invalid license error. Everything else seems to be the same on both but game still does not play.

Message 15 of 143 (82,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

there was no file in my with physx in the _install does the game need to launch first or?

Message 16 of 143 (82,566 Views)

★ Guide

Again, you need the latest PhysX - http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.16.0318-drive​​r.html

That is the right version, not the one provided by ItsBilbo and others.

If you're reading this at some later date, go to http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx and click on the 'NVIDIA PhysX System Software' link to download the latest version, or try http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_system_software.html

Message 17 of 143 (280,980 Views)

★★★ Novice

If I have an AMD graphic card, the NVIDIA Physx work to fix this problem? 

Message 18 of 143 (82,385 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@lianglonglong wrote:

Ok after fidelling around the file folders i came to an solution.
Go to Program Files (in my case program files x86) > Origin Games > Dragon Age > __installer > physx > redist 
there you should see and Phys-x install file, install it, after that the game should work.

OK but for those of us not using NVIDIA graphics the game doesn't install physx. yet we get the error and physex wont install unless you have an NVIDIA gpu. SO is there a way to tell the game you don;t need physx?

Message 19 of 143 (82,310 Views)

★ Guide

Whether you're using Intel, AMD or Nvidia graphics, you need the PhysX software. See above for the download link.

For non-Nvidia cards this is just a software implementation of PhysX which runs off the CPU rather than the GPU like with Nvidia cards.

Message 20 of 143 (82,240 Views)