Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Crash in Denerim

by Baulus1007

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crash in Denerim

★★★★ Novice

I was playing Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition and the game crashed when I was in Denerim, I tryed to open the save but it insta crashed. I though It was my fault for some mods I installed, so I proceeded to uninstalla the game and the mods and make a new run. This time I used barely mods for changing hair at the begin of the game but still in Denerim after some time the game crashes and keep crashing, I don't know what to do, maybe is my Windows 10 giving problems?

Message 1 of 24 (32,853 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crash in Denerim

Community Manager

@Baulus1007 Hmm, can you check the steps in this post?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1320088-dragon-age-crash/#entry11116484

Some have been taken already, but the reliability report may help point in the right direction. 

Thanks. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (46,201 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Baulus1007 Hmm, can you check the steps in this post?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1320088-dragon-age-crash/#entry11116484

Some have been taken already, but the reliability report may help point in the right direction. 

Thanks. 

Message 2 of 24 (46,202 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks

Message 3 of 24 (32,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Awesome JB3 textures was the cause of my train wreck. Found a program that removed all traces of it from save files. Standard smile Thanks!!

Message 4 of 24 (32,749 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the post, it seems that the linked post has some very useful info. 

Message 5 of 24 (32,740 Views)

★★★★ Novice

None of the solutions referred too, worked for me.  I did, however, solve my problem with a little patch called 4GB patch.

I run various MODS included texture mods.  I run windows 10 with AMD cards in crossfire.

After various crashes and a total crash after entering Denerim I could not even load the game anymore.  Since the patch, smooth sailing and no more hiccups let alone crashes with the save that initially would not load anymore. 

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Message 6 of 24 (32,244 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you a lot for this fix! It worked marvelously for me, and with great improve in my FPS as well. Thanks so much!!!

Message 7 of 24 (29,532 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is a setting in options that says something about bugs or something but it is in Gameplay, if you remove that it should play better, I did when I kept crashing and it ran extremely smoothly, you might have some lag issues with the mods and that might help

Message 8 of 24 (29,235 Views)

★★★★ Novice

sorry just realized this issue was resolved

Message 9 of 24 (29,234 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
Dude, Thank you so much, solved all my problems for DAO and modding! *hugstight* Standard smile
Message 10 of 24 (27,079 Views)
dai-dragon

How to slay monsters and make friends

BioWare's helpful guide for tackling Dragon Age: Inquisition Mulitplayer

View More

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help