Re: Crash in Denerim

by Fleppie

Original Post

★ Novice
@Baulus1007 I just ran into this problem but i tried loading an earlier save (apparently crashes in Denerim is common) and then loaded the save in denerim and it worked. But who knows how long that will work...
Message 31 of 41 (4,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Can someone help. 

I bought it on disc and i've downloaded the patch but i dont see the 'DAOrigins.exe folder (normally Dragon Age/bin_ship)' folder anywhere. 

I run three different saves and I've got to Denerim for the landsmeet and it's crashing every time I try to use a door.

Please help! 

Update - Don't worry I made it work!

Awesome

Message 32 of 41 (3,683 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@wantnofriends I just did this and the saved game on denerim just opened! Thanks a lot
Message 33 of 41 (3,318 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Enjoy.  Stil plays this game from time to time.

Message 34 of 41 (3,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Well I found that bin ship and this patch made DAOrigins.backup and after that my game fails to start..even when I deleted this extra file...now what? PLEASE HELP

Message 35 of 41 (3,032 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Someone mentioned mods a while back; if one of those mods is Improved Atmosphere, one of the outfits has a glitch (the mage outfit worn by a woman just a bit further along from Genitivi's gaff) where the skeleton and animation don't play nice together, or something like that.  It results in a CTD once the animation is triggered and you're looking in that direction, anyway.

In my case I re-rigged it myself but for those who don't want to get involved in that sort of thing, the mod is still being maintained, albeit by a different person to the original submitter (look in the posts rather than the files section for updates) and I think this is one of the things that has been fixed.

Message 36 of 41 (2,985 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi all, I have a very simple fix for the Denerim crash.

I myself tried the 4gb patch and it didn't work for me and locked me out of my DLC. I play un-modded by the way.

I was desperate not to lose all the played hours and re-bought it on GOG when I already own it on Origin, Steam & Xbox 360. My preferred platform is PC for better control & graphics. After 20+ crashes I actually started looking for my 360 copy.

The simple fix is this: I read that DA:O has trouble with memory management due to it being written for older pc's so if it exceeds a certain amount, the glitches start which end in crashes. (weird shadows, npc's armor glitching in and out of existence. So I used the configuration tool to drop the texture settings to medium instead of high. And to make sure you can also drop the graphic settings to high instead of very high. 

Works like charm for me. Just be careful not to transition from inside to outside real quick or else the memory fills up again and it glitches.

Even with hese settings, it still looks better then my 360 copy, so no worries about that. (the controls part weigh more for me though)

Message 37 of 41 (2,865 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@faerlend;  What "extra file" are you talking about?

Message 38 of 41 (2,852 Views)

★ Novice

When I used that g4g it made exxtra files of those originals..now I have deleted game from computer because it didn't even start anymore Frown

Message 39 of 41 (2,774 Views)

★★ Novice
@wantnofriends This literally saved me. I tried everything and I almost gave up, but I wanted to play so badly! This helped. For real.
Message 40 of 41 (2,454 Views)