Changing my installation from Disk to Origin

by Paradox1313

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changing my installation from Disk to Origin

★ Apprentice

I have Dragon Age Origins on disk and I am using the same account on Origin as I did when I installed Dragon Age Origins.

When I tried to redeem the code it showed me I could redeem it as the Digital Deluxe edition not the Collector Edition I own.

I also have every Expansion, DLC and item ever released for this game and I am concerned these will not come across.

I cannot use my Disk installation any more as my current PC has no Disk not anywhere to put one.

Now I did read the stickies but I admit to being a little overwhelmed with options, a clear answer would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (592 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing my installation from Disk to Origin

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Paradox1313

Since we don't have the Collector's Edition (and probably all its smaller DLCs) available in the Origin store, it's possible that Origin recognises the code as Digital Deluxe Edition, when you're trying to redeem it. You can check what it contains here.

As far as I am aware, all extra downloadable content is connected with codes, so if you're unable to use your disc to install the game, it really shouldn't be a problem Standard smile 

If you have any other codes or you're unsure what option to choose, you can always contact our live support Wink Our advisers should be able to check the codes for you.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (875 Views)

All Replies

Hey @Paradox1313

Since we don't have the Collector's Edition (and probably all its smaller DLCs) available in the Origin store, it's possible that Origin recognises the code as Digital Deluxe Edition, when you're trying to redeem it. You can check what it contains here.

As far as I am aware, all extra downloadable content is connected with codes, so if you're unable to use your disc to install the game, it really shouldn't be a problem Standard smile 

If you have any other codes or you're unsure what option to choose, you can always contact our live support Wink Our advisers should be able to check the codes for you.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 4 (876 Views)

★ Apprentice
I went ahead with the install and it seems as if everything is in place.
Thanks for the help
Message 3 of 4 (560 Views)

I'm glad to hear that @Paradox1313 Standard smile

Thanks for confirmation!

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 4 (532 Views)