Cant download and install DLC. "Download Failed".

by juason

Original Post

Cant download and install DLC. "Download Failed".

★★★★ Novice

Alright, round #2...  even with the server fixes I am still unable to download DLC. 

Win 7 Pro 64-bit completely updated, no AV and no Firewall enabled.  Enabled DMZ through my router.

Completely uninstalled Dragon Age and deleted any folders left behind.  I flushed my DNS, and rebooted.

Installed DA Origins from DVD

Installed DA Awakening from DVD

Applied 1.05 patch

Started Dragon Age Updater Service from services.msc

Launched Application and Logged In, then went to the DLC option

Nothing is listed under Available Content

Dragon Age Awakening is listed under Installed Content

All of my DLC is shown under Downloading with a red exclamation mark - every item is Ready, but when I go to download it, it times out and fails.

Message 1 of 101 (6,311 Views)

Re: Cant download and install DLC. "Download Failed".

★★★ Novice

When you reinstalled Dragon Age Origins did you get an error with the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, that said this product is not supported on X64 operating system?  I'm currently in the same boat as you, same operating system, wiping any registry reference, flushing the DNS, and just started the reinstall process, only to have this pop up.

If not I'll start my own thread if my full install doesn't solve the problem.

Message 2 of 101 (6,223 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I had no visible errors or warnings during my installation.

Message 3 of 101 (6,221 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just got off the live chat with support.  They were unable to get me going despite following numerous help guides.  Eventually we had to stop because one guide was written only for the Ultimate Edition, and I only own the generic Retail DVD.  Confusedigh:

Really out of options here and needing some help with getting the downloads working.

In other news, one of my friends sent me their Manifest, AddIns and Offers XML files.  I discovered that my AddIns.xml did not contain a properly formatted XML tag and data for the Stone Prisoner DLC.  When I copy/pasted his tag and data over what was in there, voila it appeared.  So the manual download for Stone Prisoner is apparently broken when installed via the DAUpdater utility. 

Downloads won't work, but at least I can get past this manually for the time being.  Now to see if it shows up in game!

Gotta love spending a Holiday off tech supporting your own problem.

Message 4 of 101 (6,212 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well danggit, no official response to this yet so let me provide more information as requested....

• When you bought the game (before of after Origin)

I bought my copies long before Origin came out 

• Where you bought the game (Steam, Origin, Amazon, Gamefly, etc...)

Best Buy on DVD

• What version of the patch is installed

• What version of the game you have (Digital, hard copy, what edition)

Retail DVD, Standard Edition

• What exactly is happening (Is the DLC showing under installed, but not triggering in-game? Is the download starting at all, etc...)

I've kind of already said that above, but nothing shows up in the Available Tab.  The DLC I should have appears in the Download Tab and a red exclamation point shows in the top of the tab.  Everything says ready, but when I go to download them, they time out and fail.  Nothing but DA: Awakening shows up in the Installed Tab. 

When I manually install these they begin showing up in both the Installed Tab AND the Download tab, but still fail to download.  The exception is the Stone Prisoner who's installer is broken.  For this to manually install I had to hand-modify the Addins.xml to contain the correct XML block for that DLC. 

If I do not hear from you within 24 hours I will contact again.  When I previously spoke with customer service they said "This has been a known bug since the DLC was in Beta."  I have the chat logs if you want to see them - but that is horrible to have not been fixed in so many years.  They were unable to help me because I own a version of the game those help links do not cover (standard edition). 

Thank you for your help in this.

Message 5 of 101 (6,180 Views)

★ Novice

This is almost the exact situation I am in. 

Message 6 of 101 (6,174 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the exact same issue.

Updated to 1.5 after a clean reinstall... and no dlc content will download

The downloads are all listed as available... but there is a red bang on the tab for downloadable content.

All the various items show that the game version is red. (are all of them saying it's an unsupported version?)

All of them sit at 0% downloaded and will not download

Someone at EA games needs to pull the stick out  and get to work fixing this issue instead of sitting on their butts.

This issue has NOT been solved.

Message 7 of 101 (6,165 Views)

★★ Novice

this sucks so much,i just bought a new pc the best i could find for playing games has windows 8, spent a toon of money in the process,the first game i got was dragon age origins having play'd it on ps3 and loved it got all the dlc and when i wanted to download NOTHING..eror,vrong version,bla  bla bla ..and until now i couldnt find a fix  for the problem,now what? play  the game whitout all the dlc? not so much fun:manmad:

Message 8 of 101 (6,128 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to me today, and not sure if this is your issue, but thought I'd share mine.  I'm reinstalling after 2 year on a new PC, so I had forgotten a lot.

I had to go to the Bioware Social site, and look at my purchased list, and download it again (even though it showed in game as DL'ing) and install again with the daupdater, found in your bin_ship folder.  Hope this helps someone.

Message 9 of 101 (6,122 Views)

★★ Novice

still no official response to this yet so I'm going to add to this.

Whenn you bought the game (before of after Origin)

After Origin came out.

• Where you bought the game (Steam, Origin, Amazon, Gamefly, etc...)

Best Buy on DVD

• What version of the patch is installed

1.04 and 1.05 (have tried both)

• What version of the game you have (Digital, hard copy, what edition)

Retail DVD, Standard Edition

• What exactly is happening (Is the DLC showing under installed, but not triggering in-game? Is the download starting at all, etc...)

Game launches, I sign in, (or if I have previously signed in it stays signed in) I go to the downloadable content.

All content is listed as ready to download but there is a red Bang in the tab at the top (bang=!)

any attempt to download it results in a failure. It starts at 0% and does not budge from 0% and fails

From what I can tell the version number is not being accepted by the server.

If you bring up the content and note the required version... the version number is in red...

OS

OS win 7 ultimate 64 bit version

I've done the following trouble shooting steps

1. Installed as admin

2. From a fresh install I've tried to download both 1.05 and 1.04 updates, apply them.. reboot relaunch the app and try to get the content.

3. I've tried flushing the DNS server info.

4. I've tried shutting off and restarting the updater service (with and without rebooting)

All of this has been to no avail. Every time the server refuses to download the content.

I'd really like to see someone please contact EA and ask them if someone has screwed with the servers there because this problem happened really recently and I'm betting the issue is with something on the server end given the number of people experiencing this issue.

Message 10 of 101 (6,093 Views)