Re: Can't find daupdater.exe, where is it hiding?

by Player_w7ulopk1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't find daupdater.exe, where is it hiding?

★★ Novice

Okay, so, I'm trying to install some DLC. I actually learned a way to do this without having to manually find the daupdater.exe thing, but at the moment I'm worried my game didn't install right or something.

All of the instructions I can find for manually installing DLC say I should be able to find daupdater.exe under \bin_ship in my Dragon Age folder, wherever I installed that. But whenever I go into my Dragon Age folder, I can't find \bin_ship (or daupdater.exe) anywhere. Since I would like to have the ability to manually install my DLC should the automatic downloads stop cooperating for some reason, I'm worried about this.

I don't have a disc for the game since I only bought the downloadable version from Origin. My laptop runs Windows 8 and has all of the appropriate system requirements to run Dragon Age. Right now I only have Dragon Age: Origins and some DLC (Warden's Keep, Feastday Gifts and Pranks, and The Stone Prisoner).

Message 1 of 15 (48,939 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

Sounds like you're looking under your user profile folders: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age..."  That's where your game settings, saves, and a few other things unique to your game are kept.

The "\bin_ship" folder (and the rest of the game program files) are located under: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games..." 

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (53,804 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Sounds like you're looking under your user profile folders: "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age..."  That's where your game settings, saves, and a few other things unique to your game are kept.

The "\bin_ship" folder (and the rest of the game program files) are located under: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games..." 

Message 2 of 15 (53,805 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh THERE it is! Thanks! All the other sources I found had mentioned "program files," not "program files (x86)." So I had been looking there (no Dragon Age folder) and under the user profile like you said (Dragon Age but no \bin_ship).

Message 3 of 15 (48,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well this solution doesnt work for me.

the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games" does exist but there is nothing in there! so im still searching for my "DAupdater.exe" ...

i have Windows7

Message 4 of 15 (48,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The "\Origin Games" part is just the start.  Under that there's "\Dragon Age" (or "\Dragon Age - Ultimate Edition", depending on which version you installed) and under that  there's "\bin_ship".

And if you didn't install DAO through the EA/Origin client, then you'd look under "\Program Files (x86)\Dragon Age", and not under "\Origin Games" at all.

The DAUpdater.exe program in the game's "\bin_ship" folder, whatever path leads you to it!  Confusedmileywink:

Message 5 of 15 (48,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Cant fine daupdater when i open bin_ship daupdater is not there im using windows xp

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

Message 6 of 15 (48,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Migz9100 wrote:

Cant fine daupdater when i open bin_ship daupdater is not there im using windows xp

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

<public service announcement>
If you're using WinXP... STOP!
Do not pass Go.
Do not endanger your own, or another's, computer.
Get Win7.

Today!
</public service announcement>

But until you do...

Are you sure you're looking in the right folder?  (If you're using the 32-bit flavour of Windows and you see a reference to "C:\Program Files (x86)", take out the "(x86)" part.  Your "\Program Files" folder doesn't have the that.   This is much like how "\My Documents" became just "\Documents".  You have to adjust and adapt generic instructions as appropriate for your particular system's configuration.)

And in any case, you should be able to search your entire HDD for "daupdater.exe" and find it that way.  Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 7 of 15 (48,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have done a search of my computer and there is no bin_ship folder let alone a daupdater.exe anywhere. Dose it not exist if you get the game threw steam?

Message 8 of 15 (47,778 Views)

★★ Novice

I've no idea if you found this seeing as about 6 months went by, but I got the game through Steam and this is where it is for me. Also, I'm using windows 7.

D:\games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition

I hope it is obvious, but in case not, replace the "D:" with wherever Steam downloaded the game.

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 15 (43,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Arthilios wrote:

I've no idea if you found this seeing as about 6 months went by, but I got the game through Steam and this is where it is for me. Also, I'm using windows 7.

D:\games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition

I hope it is obvious, but in case not, replace the "D:" with wherever Steam downloaded the game.

Hope this helps.

I would like to say thank you to you....I downloaded it through steam as well thanks for helping me locate the folder.

Message 10 of 15 (30,797 Views)