Can't Start a New Game, Crashes at Loading Screen

by daygirl94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Start a New Game, Crashes at Loading Screen

★★★ Novice

Good evening. I am contacting EA in regards to one of my favorite games, Dragon Age Origins. I used to be able to start a new game, however now when I click on new game in Origins, not Awakening, my game crashes during the loading screen before reaching the character creator. The solutions I had before haven't resolved the problem. I am able to reload an old save and play on that save, but I can't start a new game.

Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 7 (1,095 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Start a New Game, Crashes at Loading Screen

Community Manager

Hey @Bohannon117

When you were working with Xbox Support did they have you delete the character data for DA:O? If you haven't already I'd give that a shot to see if it helps. If you're on Xbox One you can find more information on how to delete it on the following thread: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/How-to-delete-DA-O-character-from-XBOX-ONE-SOLUTION/td-...

Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (903 Views)

All Replies

Game Crash at New Game

★★★ Novice

Good evening. I am in dire need of help with this issue I continue to get with Dragon Age Origins. Until a certain point, I could start a new game to try a new story once in a while. However, recently, whenever I try to start a new game, the game freezes briefly on the loading screen and crashes. I can load an old save just fine but I can't do new games. Dragon Age Origins is one of my favorite games and it is frustrating that I can't find a solution to this problem I get once in a long while.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 2 of 7 (1,063 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @daygirl94

Do you currently have any mods installed? Are you playing the game through Origin, or are you launching it on a different platform? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 7 (987 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent Hello,
I would love to start a third story line for DA:O but I am having a similar issue as above except my Xbox in not crashing it is simply stating "character limit reached. You must remove all save games of an existing character before creating a new character" I have called Xbox support on three occasions to help me which they did to a certain degree. I had corrupted files because I was jumping back and forth on two different platforms the Xbox One and Xbox 360. They were able to remove the corruption and I have stopped going back and forth on different platforms. On my third call Xbox support they suggested I reach out to EA. EA support suggested I post here and might find help. Please help me, I too enjoy all the Dragon Age games and wish to continue playing them.
Message 4 of 7 (927 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Bohannon117

When you were working with Xbox Support did they have you delete the character data for DA:O? If you haven't already I'd give that a shot to see if it helps. If you're on Xbox One you can find more information on how to delete it on the following thread: 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/How-to-delete-DA-O-character-from-XBOX-ONE-SOLUTION/td-...

Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 7 (904 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello @EA_Kent

YOU ROCK!! The link you sent worked!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!
Message 6 of 7 (866 Views)

Community Manager

@Bohannon117 

You're welcome! I'm happy to hear it helped! 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (839 Views)