CD Key Location?

by Genie_Jenny

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CD Key Location?

★★ Novice

So I got the free digital download of Dragon Age Origins (back in october in 2014) and recently I've been wanting to get and use the Dragon Age Toolset. However, I need to register the game with my cd key first. So my question is where is the cdkey located? I can see my product code, but I'm guessing that's a completely different thing.

Message 1 of 4 (1,040 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CD Key Location?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Genie_Jenny & @Fred_vdp;  The issue isn't the CD-Key (that's the same thing as the "Product Code".) 

It's that getting the Toolset from the BSN required having registered the game on the BSN, which one cannot do now that the BSN is "Read-Only". 

And since the Toolset was never officially supported in the first place, BioWare/EA are under no obligation to make it available some other way.

Not to worry!  As my friend @theskymoves pointed out in another thread, you can still get it.

The great folk over on the DA Toolset Wiki have your back:

"The toolset (and various associated files) can be downloaded via the official Toolset Wiki ...

Use the 'CDN' links, not the 'BSN' ones."

Happy DAO modding!  Wink

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (1,280 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I seem to remember an issue where people with the digital download version couldn't get access to the toolset. It's an unfortunate oversight.

I think you should try explaining the situation to official support and maybe they'll give you a working key.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (1,032 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Genie_Jenny & @Fred_vdp;  The issue isn't the CD-Key (that's the same thing as the "Product Code".) 

It's that getting the Toolset from the BSN required having registered the game on the BSN, which one cannot do now that the BSN is "Read-Only". 

And since the Toolset was never officially supported in the first place, BioWare/EA are under no obligation to make it available some other way.

Not to worry!  As my friend @theskymoves pointed out in another thread, you can still get it.

The great folk over on the DA Toolset Wiki have your back:

"The toolset (and various associated files) can be downloaded via the official Toolset Wiki ...

Use the 'CDN' links, not the 'BSN' ones."

Happy DAO modding!  Wink

Message 3 of 4 (1,281 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

The issue isn't the CD-Key (that's the same thing as the "Product Code".) 

@ThandalNLyman This issue existed before BSN became read-only and happened to players who received the game for free during a temporary promotion on Origin. The product code that those users got on their Origin account was invalid on the BioWare website.

My first reply in this thread was likely incorrect, though, because only the free product codes seem to be affected.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (983 Views)